Clothes back on at Sunken Gardens
Plans turn Sunken Gardens, St. Petersburg, FL, into a nudist attraction have been nixed after disagreements between the prospective buyer and the city council, according to reports in the Tampa Tribune. The Titan Marketing Group of Homosassa Springs wanted to spend $2 million to turn the gardens into a nudist resort and holistic health center geared toward wealthy Europeans."
Titan president Galen O. Ballard said his firm was pulling out of the deal because it likely could not secure necessary zoning approvals from the city within the time frame allowed under the contract.[01/17/1999]
Sunken Gardens Botanical Park
- 1825 4th St. N., St. Petersburg, FL
- Sunken Gardens Botanical Park. I-275 exit 24. East on 22nd Ave. for about 25 blocks to 4th St. Turn right onto 4th St. Sunken Gardens will be about blocks south, at 4th St. and 18th Ave.
Latest from Trunkations, the RoadsideAmerica.com Blog
- Nov 14: Dr. Mütter: Surgeon Behind the Specimens
- Jun 15: The Do Nothing Machine
- Apr 21: Florida Forbids: Anthropomorphic Alligators
- Mar 20: Derek Costello: Hard-Working Master of Wax
- Mar 2: Toby Fraley’s Secret Life of Robots: Silicon Homebodies
- Dec 31: 2014: Giant Pegasus And Revolutionary Robots