Clothes back on at Sunken Gardens
Plans turn Sunken Gardens, St. Petersburg, FL, into a nudist attraction have been nixed after disagreements between the prospective buyer and the city council, according to reports in the Tampa Tribune. The Titan Marketing Group of Homosassa Springs wanted to spend $2 million to turn the gardens into a nudist resort and holistic health center geared toward wealthy Europeans."
Titan president Galen O. Ballard said his firm was pulling out of the deal because it likely could not secure necessary zoning approvals from the city within the time frame allowed under the contract.[01/17/1999]
Sunken Gardens Botanical Park
- 1825 4th St. N., St. Petersburg, FL
- Sunken Gardens Botanical Park. I-275 exit 24. East on 22nd Ave. for about 25 blocks to 4th St. Turn right onto 4th St. Sunken Gardens will be about blocks south, at 4th St. and 18th Ave.
Latest from Trunkations, the RoadsideAmerica.com Blog
- Nov 30: Michael Delligatti, Father of the Big Mac (1918-2016)
- Nov 26: Spiderwebman II, We Hope
- Nov 22: Sleep Well, Button King (1930-2016)
- Nov 21: One Log House To Transcend Its One Loggedness
- Nov 14: We’ll Cross That Bridge When We… Oh Wait. Never Mind.
- Nov 7: Junior Banks for President