World's Tallest Thermometer sold
The World's Tallest Thermometer and adjacent Bun Boy Restaurant has been sold by 75 year-old Willis Herron, partner of the original Bun Boy owner since the 1950s. Bun Boy opened in 1926; the 134-foot tall thermometer was constructed in 1991. New owner Steve Carter plans on continuing the traditions at this popular desert stop between LA and Las Vegas.
Latest from Trunkations, the RoadsideAmerica.com Blog
October 27, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Nikola Tesla Died Here, New York, New York
- Munster Mansion, Waxahachie, Texas
- Star Trek Gorn Battle Rocks - Vasquez Rocks, Santa Clarita, California
- Dungeons and Dragons Park, Carbondale, Illinois
- Giant Morel Mushroom, Nevada, Missouri