World's Tallest Thermometer sold
The World's Tallest Thermometer and adjacent Bun Boy Restaurant has been sold by 75 year-old Willis Herron, partner of the original Bun Boy owner since the 1950s. Bun Boy opened in 1926; the 134-foot tall thermometer was constructed in 1991. New owner Steve Carter plans on continuing the traditions at this popular desert stop between LA and Las Vegas.[01/30/2000]
- 72155 Baker Blvd, Baker, CA
- Near I-15, Exit 246. Death Valley Rd north to 1st right on I-15 Business.
- Sept. 2012: In disrepair.
Latest from Trunkations, the RoadsideAmerica.com Blog
- May 15: Hats On To Stonewall Jackson, Defender Of Lexington
- Apr 30: Beefcake of Roads: New Home For World’s Largest Muscleman
- Apr 24: Join the Battleship NJ Gun Crew (Look Out, Philly!)
- Apr 17: Muffler Men History: Moving Giants
- Apr 8: The State vs. The Minister’s Tree House: Earthly Codes
- Apr 5: Saloon Cowboy: A 21st Century Muffler Man