World's Tallest Thermometer sold
The World's Tallest Thermometer and adjacent Bun Boy Restaurant has been sold by 75 year-old Willis Herron, partner of the original Bun Boy owner since the 1950s. Bun Boy opened in 1926; the 134-foot tall thermometer was constructed in 1991. New owner Steve Carter plans on continuing the traditions at this popular desert stop between LA and Las Vegas.[01/30/2000]
- 72155 Baker Blvd, Baker, CA
- Near I-15, Exit 246. Death Valley Rd north to 1st right on I-15 Business. Currently out of service.
- Currently out of service.
Latest from Trunkations, the RoadsideAmerica.com Blog
- Mar 20: Derek Costello: Hard-Working Master of Wax
- Mar 2: Toby Fraley’s Secret Life of Robots: Silicon Homebodies
- Dec 31: 2014: Giant Pegasus And Revolutionary Robots
- Dec 13: Welcome Back Velveteria, The Museum Of Velvet Art
- Nov 1: Flick’s Lick: Triple Dog Dare for Hammond, IN
- Oct 3: Brawny Men of San Francisco Bay