Reports, news, and stories on quirky roadside attractions! Not all tips verified -- call ahead! Submit your own tip.
Once you come over the bridge across the river you'll see a black wrought iron fence around some property on the right. The boot is hard to see because the bushes completely surround it, with a small house behind. If you drive slowly in the bicycle lane you can pull up right in front of it and take pictures.[J Tice, 07/22/2016]
- US Hwy 41 S., Gibsonton, FL
- On the southbound (west) side of US 41 just south of the bridge over the Alafia River. I-75 exit 250, drive west on Gibsonton Drive for 2.5 miles, then turn right onto US 41 and drive north for one-half-mile.
- Gibsonton, Florida - Circus Memories in a Giant’s Boot
Boot Monument for Civic Circus Giant: For over 40 years, a rotting rubber boot was the unofficial civic symbol of Gibsonton, Florida. [10/04/2010] Complete Story...
- Gibsonton, Florida - Getting the Boot
Freak Tribute Boot: Gibsonton may soon be home to one massive marble boot, which is being created to honor the memory of a beloved character in the town's history: 8-foot 4-inch giant Al Tomaini, who, with his petite and legless wife Jeanie, founded the famous freak-and-fishing-friendly resort Giant's Camp. [05/07/2010] Complete Story...
- Gibsonton, Florida - Dwarf Counter Post Office
Gibtown as the locals call it is a wintering town for various circus/carnival folks. The post office has a special counter sized especially for dwarves.[Chester Harris, 01/23/2009]
The old post office with the dwarf counter is gone. The new post office also has a special low counter, but it's designed for people in wheelchairs, not dwarves.
- Gibsonton, Florida - Giant's Camp Restaurant
This world-famous restaurant [in a circus freak-wintering town] has finally had to close its doors. It is a sad day for Tampa Bay.[Scott Kjeer, 07/23/2007]