Tips, leads, stories from travelers, plus Roadsideamerica.com Team reports on quirky museums, ironic monuments, and must-see oddities! Trip planning caution: Some tips may not be verified. Over time, attractions change, move, burn down. What's a vacation without a little risk? Submit your own tip.
- Palmdale, Florida - Gatorama
Large gator farm features a big mean one named Goliath. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
- 6180 US Hwy 27, Palmdale, FL
- I-75 exit 141. East on Hwy 80 (Palm Beach Blvd) 24 miles to La Belle, then north on Bridge St. for a mile, then east on Hwy 29 for 13 miles. South on US 27 about 1.5 miles.
- Daily 10-5, gator shows twice daily (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
- Palmdale, Florida - Gatorama - Cecil Clemons
Chain-smoking swamp character Cecil Clemons regaled us with tales of gator raising and government meddling. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
- Palmdale, Florida - Quantum Mechanics And Mr. Chicken
Gatorama: The next time you hear or read someone dismissing roadside attractions as a waste of brain space, tell them about Mr. Chicken. [05/28/2011] Complete Story...
Palmdale, Florida - Gatorama - The Cecil Clemons Years
The Gatorama gator farm and Cecil Clemons in 1981 -- he could be found handling baby gators, or chasing full size crocs. Cecil and I waded out into the croc lake at night to look for hatchlings.[John Laitinen, 02/21/2012]
Palmdale, Florida - Gatorama
Have several pics of Cecil, and a couple hours interviews on tape. "How long do you think a gator can live 'thout a bunghole?" he asked. Said he had a five footer! Included pic shows Cecil stripping a cow. The Lykes Bros. would call him when a cow died in the field, and Cecil would take care of it, saving certain parts for his wildcats.[John Laitinen, 03/29/2006]