Las Vegas - Mighty Mutant
Las Vegas, Nevada
We walked into the MGM Grand Casino in Las Vegas and asked an employee where we could find the God of Money statue and the animatronic Foster Brooks robot we admired on our last extensive Vegas visit. She stared at us blankly for a moment, then said, "Those have been gone for YEARS. And the Wizard of Oz displays -- they're all gone now, too." It was embarrassing. We hadn't even known about the Wizard of Oz displays.
The woman that we had asked was an employee working the gift shop attached to Lion Habitat, a three-story-tall glass cube inside the casino inhabited by real lions. It replaced all of the other stuff. And in a year or so, it likely will be replaced by something else.
Odds are, you won't know that something's gone in Las Vegas until you drive there to see for yourself. The casinos don't announce closures, and independent news accounts are usually limited to a brief story in the Las Vegas Review-Journal/Sun, or on the local TV station, if that.
Any report of what is and isn't open in Las Vegas is a snapshot, preserving only the moment that it's taken. We can, right now, guarantee that all of the fabulous attractions listed here really do exist. But by the time that you read this well, who knows? Good luck.
- Atomic Testing Museum
- Berlin Wall Urinal
- Bugsy Siegel Memorial
- Dead Animals On Display
- Fremont Street Experience
- Giant Headless Statue Of Lenin
- Half-Size Eiffel Tower, 2/3 Size Arc De Triomphe
- Homemade Pink Elephant
- Imperial Palace Auto Collection
- Life-Size Sphinx And Pyramid
- Madame Tussauds Las Vegas
- M&Ms World Las Vegas & World's Largest Coke Bottle
- "Most Photographed Sculpture In Las Vegas"
- 1/3 Scale Statue Of Liberty, Empire State Bldg, Brooklyn Bridge
- Stratosphere Tower
- Tunnel Of Love: Drive-Thru Weddings
- World's Largest Gold Nugget
- Elvis-A-Rama Experience
- Casino Legends Hall of Fame Museum in the Tropicana Hotel-Casino
- Debbie Reynolds' Movie Museum in the Convention Center Drive Hotel-Casino
- Globe Filled with 10,000 Four Leaf Clovers in Fitzgerald's Casino
- God of Money statue
- Guinness World Records Museum
- "High Roller," world's highest roller coaster, atop the Stratosphere Tower
- Hourly After-Dark Dragon Battles outside of the Excalibur Hotel-Casino
- Liberace Museum
- Live Lions Inside A Casino
- Lost Vegas Historical Gambling Museum
- Magic and Movie Hall of Fame in O'Shea's Casino
- National Vitamin Co. Factory Tour
- Star Trek: The Experience
- Two $100,000 Bills on Display in the Mandalay Bay Hotel-Casino
- World of Coca-Cola