Wellesley Island, New York: Tiny Church with Indian Statue
Pint-sized, and it substitutes a noble red man for Jesus.
- Hwy. 100, Wellesley Island, NY
- Wellesley Island, I-81 exit 51, then 3.5 miles northeast on Hwy 100. The Church is near the road, in a wooded area.
Tiny Church with Indian Statue
Visitor Tips and News About Tiny Church with Indian Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This sedate, tiny chapel is in a wooded area on Wellesley Island. It's called The Chapel! It will seat about six people. There is a sculpture placed near the Chapel created by Carmen Davino, a famous artist who recently passed on. Carmen was nominated for two (I think) Academy Awards for animation years ago. He lived in nearby Hammond and became a noted painter and sculpture artist. I met him a few times and he was a real nice guy.
In the photo, my son-in-law, Mike the cop, examines the wooden Indian where the Lord would customarily stand.
[Ron Spooner, 02/19/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 10, 2013
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Hippie Muffler Man, Bethel, New York
- Bicycle Fence and Yard Stuff, Palmyra, New York
- Apollo 13 Towing Invoice, Garden City, New York
- Grate Sound Art - Times Square, New York, New York
- Cradle of Aviation Museum, Garden City, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Wizard Of Oz Dorothy Grave, Bloomington, Illinois
- Time Portal Tromp L'oeil Murals, Brooksville, Florida
- Feature: Clinton Wedding House, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- TARDIS Little Free Library, Lisle, Illinois
- Historical Wax Museum of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips