Wellesley Island, New York: Tiny Church with Indian Statue
Pint-sized, and it substitutes a noble red man for Jesus.
- Hwy. 100, Wellesley Island, NY
- Wellesley Island, I-81 exit 51, then 3.5 miles northeast on Hwy 100. The Church is near the road, in a wooded area.
Tiny Church with Indian Statue
Visitor Tips and News About Tiny Church with Indian Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This sedate, tiny chapel is in a wooded area on Wellesley Island. It's called The Chapel! It will seat about six people. There is a sculpture placed near the Chapel created by Carmen Davino, a famous artist who recently passed on. Carmen was nominated for two (I think) Academy Awards for animation years ago. He lived in nearby Hammond and became a noted painter and sculpture artist. I met him a few times and he was a real nice guy.
In the photo, my son-in-law, Mike the cop, examines the wooden Indian where the Lord would customarily stand.
[Ron Spooner, 02/19/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 19, 2014
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Big Pair of Pants, Homer, New York
- Whirligigs, Buffalo, New York
- World's Largest Six Pack, Buffalo, New York
- Only Outdoor U.S. ATM That Pays in Gold, New York, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
- Front Lawn Giraffe, Bridgeport, West Virginia
- Smiling Steer Wears a Cowboy Hat, Terryville, Connecticut
- Large Fish on a Hook, Grove City, Pennsylvania
- Tree Brain, Grove City, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips