West Haven, Connecticut: Savin Rock Museum - Laff in the Dark
This is not about rocks, but about Savin Rock, a former amusement park. A recording of the Laughing Fat Lady plays in the restrooms.
- 6 Rock St., West Haven, CT
- I-95 exit 42. South on Saw Mill Rd/Kelesey Ave. for 1.5 miles. Just past the last intersection (Captain Thomas Blvd). The Museum is directly ahead on the right, next to Jimmie's Restaurant. The entrance to the museum is to the right of the archway for the Savin Rock Conference Center.
- Oct-Dec. W, F, Sa 2-5 pm. Closed Jan-Mar. (Call to verify)
Savin Rock Museum - Laff in the Dark
Visitor Tips and News About Savin Rock Museum - Laff in the Dark
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This is a museum dedicated to the amusement parks and attractions of Savin Rock. Beginning in 1870, Savin Rock became a popular destination for recreation and entertainment. Home of many rides, including Laff in the Dark. They have a recording of the laughing fat lady that sat on top of one of the amusements playing in the restrooms of the museum.
[Jen Hitchcock, 04/01/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 16, 2014
Connecticut Latest Tips and Stories
- Christmas House, Torrington, Connecticut
- Eagle Head Rock, Amston, Connecticut
- Giant Legos, Enfield, Connecticut
- Statue of the Teen Girl Paul Revere, Danbury, Connecticut
- Tom Thumb/Barnum Graves, Bridgeport, Connecticut
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Windsor Ruins, Port Gibson, Mississippi
- Alien Abduction Statue, The Woodlands, Texas
- The Most Absurd Bar in the World: A Sculpture, Dennysville, Maine
- Eerie Abraham Lincoln Hologram, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Camera Heritage Museum, Staunton, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips