Elsie, Michigan: Elsie the Cow - a Big BullA town mascot that has gender identity issues. Elsie was the famous Borden Milk cow; the town bought this black angus from a local dairy and repainted it. Another cow, Daisy, tours in parades.
- Main St., Elsie, MI
- From Hwy 57 drive south on Mason Rd. Elsie is across Main St., on the right.
Visitor Tips and News About Elsie the Cow - a Big Bull
This cow was bought for Elsie from a local dairy farm. It was a black angus that was repainted and placed on Main Street. It has not moved since then. The cow that is in the parades is named Daisy, and she belongs to Green's Dairy Farm outside of Elsie.
This is my hometown, I believe I know about it.[Jessi, 12/25/2010]
We went to Elsie, MI to see Elsie the Cow. Elsie is a bull, but in a small farm town named Elsie, what else could it be named? Elsie is ready for Christmas, with a wreath hanging from the neck.[Jim Boylan, 11/10/2009]
Big fiberglass cow right in main street in this small rural town. This is the town mascot. The only questionable part is Elsie is usually a dairy cow and this one seems to be missing those parts. Free to see and very available for pictures![ljs, 03/26/2005]
From the photos we've seen, Elsie's cow is actually a bull.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Curwood Castle, Owosso, MI - 12 mi.
- Site of Worst School Massacre, Bath, MI - 19 mi.
- "Sparty" the Spartan - World's Largest Free-Standing Ceramic Figure, East Lansing, MI - 25 mi.
- In the region: The Jackson Cascades, Jackson, MI - 59 mi.