Stuart, Iowa: Bank Robbed by Bonnie and ClydeIt happened on April 16, 1934 at the First National Bank. So announces a hand-painted sign above its entrance.
- N. Division St., Stuart, IA
- I-80 exit 93 (Stuart exit). Go north to the second stop sign, it's on your left. Southwest corner of N. Division and N. 2nd Sts.
Visitor Tips and News About Bank Robbed by Bonnie and Clyde
It is now a hair salon. The area surrounding it is like it hasn't changed much since the time when Bonnie and Clyde were there.[Shea, 08/19/2012]
The window above the police station has been updated so that it is white lettering on glass. It's easier to read about the Bank Robbed by Bonnie and Clyde.[Zegmorien, 07/23/2010]
The bank was robbed by Bonnie and Clyde April 16, 1934. The bank is now the police station. The building has bold lettering above the entrance door.[Randy Walker, 03/26/2005]
The town of Stuart, Iowa has an old bank building downtown. A lettered sign painted above the entrance states that the bank was robbed by Bonnie and Clyde in April, 1934. The building now houses the police station! Across the street, an abandoned store still displays a nice, rusted 7Up metal sign.[J.D. Larson, 07/04/2004]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Neon Gas Station Man, Menlo, IA - 5 mi.
- Bonnie and Clyde Shootout Souvenirs, Dexter, IA - 5 mi.
- Bonnie and Clyde Dexfield Park Shootout, Dexter, IA - 6 mi.
- In the region: Big Hands And Wrenches of the Plumbers and Steamfitters, Des Moines, IA - 35 mi.