Rockford, Illinois: Rock Men
The "Rockmen Guardians" were made of granite boulders in 1987 by sculptor Terese Agnew. We'd want them on our side in a fight.
- 1401 N. Second St., Rockford, IL
- On the Rock River recreation path, south of the Greenhouse, in Sinnissippi Park. Take Hwy 251 north. Pass the Whitman St. bridge across the river and make the next, quick left onto Y Blvd. Park in the lots behind the YMCA and walk north along the path.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Rock Men
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Pretty cool and very random for the area. Beautiful lake to walk around. We parked behind the YMCA with no problems. [Jen O., 03/22/2013]
These are statues made of rock, affectionately known as the "Rock Men." They are right along the Rock River in Rockford. Really neat artwork that is a bit bizarre.
[Marcy Sylvester, 04/09/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 23, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Dungeons & Dragons Park, Carbondale, Illinois
- Uniroyal Gal, Mount Vernon, Illinois
- The Ledge - 1,353 Feet Straight Down, Chicago, Illinois
- The Bean - Stoners' Delight, Chicago, Illinois
- "Gertrude" the Guernsey Cow, Rockford, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips