Hominy, Oklahoma: Indian Murals, fake hilltop horse riders
Murals in town, hilltop silhouettes of Indians on horseback overlooking the town.
- Eastern Ave., Hominy, OK
- 28 miles west out of Tulsa on Hwy 64, at which point you take the Cleveland exit. From Cleveland take Hwy 99 north about 10 miles. The murals are in town; the sculptures are just west of town, atop Standpipe Hill.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Indian Murals, fake hilltop horse riders
Visitor Tips and News About Indian Murals, fake hilltop horse riders
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Full size murals of various Indian scenes painted on the sides of business buildings. there are also silhouette sculptures of Indians on horseback standing on the top of a hill overlooking the town. At sundown, it looks very realistic. All the work is done by a local Indian artist artist, who also has a jewelry and gift shop in town.
[Kay Maness, 03/18/2001]
Murals, Mounted Indian Sculptures
The town of Hominy, Oklahoma, has much to offer, largely thanks to the efforts of artist Cha' Tullis. He has painted 40 murals on buildings all over town and, finally, a crowning achievement, 15 silhouette sculptures of mounted Indians, 16-19' tall each, on a hillside overlooking the town.
[Ginny aka Calypgin, 08/29/1997]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 31, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Scooby Doo Mystery Machine, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Great Fire, Big Explosion, Jesse James Bar Fight, Ardmore, Oklahoma
- Belle Starr Gravesite, Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma
- Statue - America's First Boy Scout Troop, Pawhuska, Oklahoma
- Lonely Gorilla in Modern-Day Ghost Town, Picher, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips