Fort Assiniboine, Alberta, Canada: World's Largest Wagon Wheel and Pick Axe
Unveiled in 2005, and both are of Bunyanesque proportion: the wheel has a 24 ft. diameter and the axe is 24 ft. tall.
- Main St., Fort Assiniboine, AB, Canada
- Fort Assiniboine is about 1 hour 45 minutes northwest of Edmonton. The Wheel and Pick Axe are on the south side of Main St.
World's Largest Wagon Wheel and Pick Axe
Visitor Tips and News About World's Largest Wagon Wheel and Pick Axe
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The World's Largest Wagon Wheel and Pick Axe stands in Fort Assiniboine. The wagon wheel is 24 feet and the pick axe is 20 feet. It was constructed by Studio Y Creations, out of Calgary, Alberta, of hand carved EPS foam, hard coated with SYC weather coat and painted with an enamel finish. The frame is engineered steel. The grand opening was July 20th, 2005.
[Tony Kulbisky, 08/08/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 28, 2015
Alberta Latest Tips and Stories
- Largest Dragonfly in Canada, Wabamun, Alberta
- Calgary Tower: Glass Floor, Calgary, Alberta
- Giant Mesh Head - Wonderland, Calgary, Alberta
- VW Beetle Spider, Calgary, Alberta
- $2 Million Outhouse, Banff, Alberta
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Continental Divide Trading Post, Continental Divide, New Mexico
- Marker: Atom Bombs Dropped Here, Eureka, North Carolina
- Navajo Code Talkers Statue & Window Rock, Window Rock, Arizona
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips