Baton Rouge, Louisiana: Big Root Beer MugUp on a pole. A good 3-D sign, with frothy root beer foam spilling from the rim.
- 402 Government St., Baton Rouge, LA
- On the southeast corner of Government and St. Ferdinand Sts, just northwest of the junction of I-10 and I-110.
Visitor Tips and News About Big Root Beer Mug
In addition to the giant mug, there's a giant soda cup on the corner of the diner![Lauren Meyers, 08/17/2014]
As soon as I got off the freeway to explore Baton Rouge, I saw this Frostop root beer mug beckoning me in for a root beer. Although the weather was gloomy, I made a few photos and then went into town to see what was there, planning on going back for a Po Boy sandwich... Unfortunately, when I got back they were just closing and only had hamburgers, and of course root beer to offer. Frostop is a chain, though I don't know how many still sport the classic oversized mug.[Richard Weiss, 05/23/2005]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- WWII Destroyer Kidd - Pirate of the Pacific, Baton Rouge, LA - < 1 mi.
- Huey Long Death Gun, Speechifying Statue, Baton Rouge, LA - < 1 mi.
- Huey Long's Towering Tombstone, Baton Rouge, LA - < 1 mi.
- In the region: Dr. Charles Smith African-American Heritage Museum, Hammond, LA - 44 mi.