Baton Rouge, Louisiana: Big Root Beer Mug
Up on a pole. A good 3-D sign, with frothy root beer foam spilling from the rim.
Giant Root Beer Mug - Frostop Chain
Visitor Tips and News About Big Root Beer Mug
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
As soon as I got off the freeway to explore Baton Rouge, I saw this Frostop root beer mug beckoning me in for a root beer. Although the weather was gloomy, I made a few photos and then went into town to see what was there, planning on going back for a Po Boy sandwich... Unfortunately, when I got back they were just closing and only had hamburgers, and of course root beer to offer. Frostop is a chain, though I don't know how many still sport the classic oversized mug.
[Richard Weiss, 05/23/2005]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- WWII Destroyer Kidd - Pirate of the Pacific, Baton Rouge, LA - < 1 mi.
- Speechifying Huey Long Statue, Death Gun, Baton Rouge, LA - < 1 mi.
- Where Huey Long Was Assassinated, Baton Rouge, LA - < 1 mi.
- Bleeding, Weeping, Smiling Miracle Mary, Baton Rouge, LA - 6 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 4, 2013
Louisiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Bonnie and Clyde Death Site, Gibsland, Louisiana
- WWII Destroyer Kidd - Pirate of the Pacific, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Uncle Buck's Gator Bayou, Bossier City, Louisiana
- Tall Texan, Bienville, Louisiana
- Smallest Church in the World, White Castle, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Nostalgiaville USA, Kingdom City, Missouri
- Tiny Church - Pause Rest Worship, Yuma, Arizona
- The Courthouse Dome, Bloomington, Illinois
- Happy Tower and Historic Main St., Happy, Texas
- Green McDonald's Arches, Sedona, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips