Baltimore, Maryland: USS Torsk SS-423 Submarine
Take a walk-through tour of a floating World War II submarine and prepare to bump your head.
- 501 E. Pratt St., Baltimore, MD
- National Aquarium. I-95 exit at Eastern Ave. and travel west. Go all the way to the end of Eastern Ave., cross President St. The Taney is on the right, the Torsk is two piers in, straight ahead. There are several parking garages.
- Mar-Dec 10 am -5 pm, Nov-Dec F-Sa-Su 10 am - 5 pm (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About USS Torsk SS-423 Submarine
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
After a period of dry docking for cleaning and leak repair, the USS Torsk submarine is back in the water and open for tours. [RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 09/14/2011]
USS Torsk SS-423 Submarine
One of two surviving Tench-class Fleet submarines, this World War II submarine is open for tourists. The ship's original radio callsign was NKST, and its radio room, amateur radio station NK3ST, fires up several times a year for special occasions.
[Bob Stratton, 04/28/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 31, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maryland Latest Tips and Stories
- Wrought Iron Bridge, Savage, Maryland
- Adult Pirate Ship, Port Tobacco, Maryland
- Pirate Ship, Port Tobacco, Maryland
- Goddard Space Museum, Greenbelt, Maryland
- Big Strawberry, Queen Anne, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips