Brainerd, Minnesota: Welcome Center Paul Bunyan Statue
A 12-foot-tall statue of Bunyan, outside the local Welcome Center, made by a Minnesota artist.
Paul Bunyan, Brainerd Welcome Center
Visitor Tips and News About Welcome Center Paul Bunyan Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A new welcome center features an 11 1/2 ft tall statue of Paul Bunyan, free brochures for region attractions, free wifi access, and a putting green. The center originally hoped to acquire the huge talking Paul from Brainerd's Paul Bunyan Center tourist attraction when it closed in 2003. That Bunyan ended up at This Old Farm, another area attraction. The new fiberglass statue was donated by Dutch and Irma Cragun for the Brainerd Chamber of Commerce Welcome Center, created by local artist Josh Porter. [Roadsideamerica.com Team, 05/16/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 30, 2014
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Northernmost School in the Contiguous (Lower 48) States, Angle Inlet, Minnesota
- Northernmost Post Office in the Lower 48 States, Angle Inlet, Minnesota
- Jolly Green Giant, Blue Earth, Minnesota
- Bench for "You Can't Always Get What You Want" Man, Excelsior, Minnesota
- Paul Bunyan's Chair and Tin Man, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips