New York, New York: "Red Square" Rooftop Statue of Lenin
Perhaps the most elevated of several scrapped Lenin statues across the U.S.
- 250 E. Houston St., New York, NY
- Houston St., between Aves A and B. On the roof of a 13-story apartment building. Best visible from the west, standing on the south side of Houston St. (the building is on the north side).
- No roof access.
Red Square - Statue of Lenin
Visitor Tips and News About "Red Square" Rooftop Statue of Lenin
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
On the top an apartment building called "Red Square", on the north side of Houston Street is what appears to be a bigger-than-lifesize bronze statue of Lenin. The figure appears to be saluting -- a lot like a statue of Lenin in Moscow I recall seeing pictures of being taken down. The building is on the north side of the street, one block east of Katz's Deli, and there's a sign that says "Red Square." [Dan Collins, 06/02/2005]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Giant Mary Holds the Twin Towers, New York, NY - < 1 mi.
- Handprints of the Stars, New York, NY - < 1 mi.
- Museum of the American Gangster, New York, NY - < 1 mi.
- Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum, New York, NY - 3 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
September 17, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
New York Latest Tips and Stories
- John Brown's Grave and House, North Elba, New York
- Sit with Shark Girl, Buffalo, New York
- Scrap Metal Sculptures, West Valley, New York
- Muffler Men Indians, Silver Creek, New York
- Wall Therapy Murals, Rochester, New York
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Windsor Ruins, Port Gibson, Mississippi
- Alien Abduction Statue, The Woodlands, Texas
- The Most Absurd Bar in the World: A Sculpture, Dennysville, Maine
- Eerie Abraham Lincoln Hologram, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Camera Heritage Museum, Staunton, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips