Taylorville, Illinois: Abe Lincoln and Pig Statue
Taylorsville's rustic, pig-infested courthouse was familiar to Lincoln the lawyer. The town turned its porker heritage into a unique Lincoln statue.
Christian County Courthouse
- W. Main Cross St., Taylorville, IL
- Downtown, on the courthouse lawn, at the corner of W. Main Cross St. and S. Washington St., facing northwest toward Springfield.
Abe Lincoln and Pig Statue Recall Write of Quietus
Visitor Tips and News About Abe Lincoln and Pig Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The town of Taylorville, Illinois, wanted to bring tourists into town and decided to erect a statue of Abraham Lincoln, who had worked as a young attorney in the Christian County Courthouse. The original plan was for a statue of Abe on horseback -- but it would have cost $250,000, and there were already statues of Lincoln on horseback.... [06/02/2005] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 30, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Knitting Needles, Casey, Illinois
- Shoe Tree, Highland Park, Illinois
- Huge Wooden Colonial Guy, St. Charles, Illinois
- Buck Rogers-esque Water Tower, Makanda, Illinois
- Tiny Church - The Traveler's Chapel, Nashville, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips