Traverse City (NW of), Michigan: Indian Wishing Stone
Traverse City (NW of), Michigan - Indian Wishing Stone
Visitor Tips and News About Indian Wishing Stone
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Really big, round stone on hillside, overlooking the flats below. Legend has it that Indians would make a wish and circle it three times. Found out about it in an old newspaper article in an antique store. Took all day to find it. Stone is obviously out of place in the area. No other stones in sight. Maybe left behind by a retreating glacier. Stone is on private farm and requires a little searching to find it. Most people in the area are unaware of it. Even the farm owner wasn't aware of its history.
[Steve O, 06/27/2005]
Indian Wishing Stone:
- In country NW of Traverse City. Ask old locals in small towns where to look.
- With permission by farmer.
September 30, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Dine With Jesus, Brighton, Michigan
- Giant Statue, End of WWII Kiss, Royal Oak, Michigan
- Dort Mall: Dr. Doolittle Boat, Flint, Michigan
- Big Chair in Disrepair, Mio, Michigan
- Cherry Bowl Drive-In Theater, Honor, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Plane on a Stick, Lakewood, California
- Jesus Wearing Cowboy Boots, Paris, Texas
- Magnetic Hill, Springer, Oklahoma
- Jesse James' Corpse Basket - Funeral Museum, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Japanese Temple Replica, Kaneohe, Oahu, Hawaii