Traverse City (NW of), Michigan: Indian Wishing Stone
Traverse City (NW of), Michigan - Indian Wishing Stone
Visitor Tips and News About Indian Wishing Stone
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Really big, round stone on hillside, overlooking the flats below. Legend has it that Indians would make a wish and circle it three times. Found out about it in an old newspaper article in an antique store. Took all day to find it. Stone is obviously out of place in the area. No other stones in sight. Maybe left behind by a retreating glacier. Stone is on private farm and requires a little searching to find it. Most people in the area are unaware of it. Even the farm owner wasn't aware of its history.
[Steve O, 06/27/2005]
Indian Wishing Stone:
- In country NW of Traverse City. Ask old locals in small towns where to look.
- With permission by farmer.
October 9, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Statue of Robin Hood, Davison, Michigan
- Skellville: Skeleton Scenes, Benton Harbor, Michigan
- Lady Liberty of the Islands, Mackinac Island, Michigan
- Giant Carrots, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Junction Valley Railroad, Bridgeport, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Statue of Minnehaha, Elkins, West Virginia
- Kaleidoscopic Mural of Bob Dylan, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- America's Largest Glacial Traveler, Madison, New Hampshire
- Coyote Reading A Candy Wrapper, Wenatchee, Washington
- Giant Fiddle and Banjo, Branson, Missouri