Traverse City (NW of), Michigan: Indian Wishing Stone
Traverse City (NW of), Michigan - Indian Wishing Stone
Visitor Tips and News About Indian Wishing Stone
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Really big, round stone on hillside, overlooking the flats below. Legend has it that Indians would make a wish and circle it three times. Found out about it in an old newspaper article in an antique store. Took all day to find it. Stone is obviously out of place in the area. No other stones in sight. Maybe left behind by a retreating glacier. Stone is on private farm and requires a little searching to find it. Most people in the area are unaware of it. Even the farm owner wasn't aware of its history.
[Steve O, 06/27/2005]
Indian Wishing Stone:
- In country NW of Traverse City. Ask old locals in small towns where to look.
- With permission by farmer.
December 7, 2016
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- ToothQuake: Piles of Big Teeth, Northville, Michigan
- Mural of Obama, MLK, and Jesus, Detroit, Michigan
- Golf Giant, New Baltimore, Michigan
- Mental Hospital Tour: Buildings and Tunnels, Traverse City, Michigan
- U of M Legends Wave from a Balcony, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 3-D Outdoor Mural with Viewing Glasses, San Antonio, Texas
- Halfwit Muffler Man, Seaside Heights, New Jersey
- Vollis Simpson Whirligigs, Pleasant Hill, North Carolina
- The Mystery Hole, Ansted, West Virginia
- World's Highest Hill, Poteau, Oklahoma