Traverse City (NW of), Michigan: Indian Wishing Stone
Traverse City (NW of), Michigan - Indian Wishing Stone
Visitor Tips and News About Indian Wishing Stone
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Really big, round stone on hillside, overlooking the flats below. Legend has it that Indians would make a wish and circle it three times. Found out about it in an old newspaper article in an antique store. Took all day to find it. Stone is obviously out of place in the area. No other stones in sight. Maybe left behind by a retreating glacier. Stone is on private farm and requires a little searching to find it. Most people in the area are unaware of it. Even the farm owner wasn't aware of its history.
[Steve O, 06/27/2005]
Indian Wishing Stone:
- In country NW of Traverse City. Ask old locals in small towns where to look.
- With permission by farmer.
July 7, 2015
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Wienerlicious Restaurant Top, Mackinaw City, Michigan
- Hamtramck Disneyland - Folk Art, Hamtramck, Michigan
- Bavarian-Themed Christmas Town, Frankenmuth, Michigan
- Mini Mackinac Bridge, St. Louis, Michigan
- Blue Moo the Cow, South Haven, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Seasonally Decorated Dinosaur, Vernal, Utah
- Foamhenge, Natural Bridge, Virginia
- Golden Spike National Historic Site, Promontory Summit, Utah
- Teal Dinosaur, Jensen, Utah
- Corn Palace, Mitchell, South Dakota