Traverse City (NW of), Michigan: Indian Wishing Stone
Traverse City (NW of), Michigan - Indian Wishing Stone
Visitor Tips and News About Indian Wishing Stone
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Really big, round stone on hillside, overlooking the flats below. Legend has it that Indians would make a wish and circle it three times. Found out about it in an old newspaper article in an antique store. Took all day to find it. Stone is obviously out of place in the area. No other stones in sight. Maybe left behind by a retreating glacier. Stone is on private farm and requires a little searching to find it. Most people in the area are unaware of it. Even the farm owner wasn't aware of its history.
[Steve O, 06/27/2005]
Indian Wishing Stone:
Address: Traverse City (NW of), MI
Directions: In country NW of Traverse City. Ask old locals in small towns where to look.
Hours: With permission by farmer.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 9, 2013
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Parking Garage with Beautiful Ceiling, Detroit, Michigan
- Hollywood Sign Replica, Waterford, Michigan
- Strange Sculpture - Procession to Hell, Dexter, Michigan
- Tiny Church Prayer Chapel, Olivet, Michigan
- Mental Hospital Tour: Buildings and Tunnels, Traverse City, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Wizard Of Oz Dorothy Grave, Bloomington, Illinois
- Time Portal Tromp L'oeil Murals, Brooksville, Florida
- Feature: Clinton Wedding House, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- TARDIS Little Free Library, Lisle, Illinois
- Historical Wax Museum of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips