Covington (near), Virginia: "Virginia's Technology Corridor"
Covington (near), Virginia - "Virginia's Technology Corridor"
Visitor Tips and News About "Virginia's Technology Corridor"
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Drive-by sighting: Official highway signs labeled "Virginia's Technology Corridor" appear along the heavily forested and otherwise empty I-64 -- a series of valleys among mountains -- between Lexington and the WV border. If it's an initiative to entice corporations to move facilities to an unused part of the state, it doesn't seem to be working. Perhaps it's technology too secret to be exposed above ground?
Further along I-64 we saw signs for "West Virginia's Technology Corridor," an area slightly more developed with occasional residential trailers and abandoned wood frame houses.
July 10, 2005: Jim Heverin sent a link to an older news story about "Virginia's Technology Corridor" -- rolled out in 1996 by the state as a branding effort to entice high tech business into the region. It apparently didn't work, but the signs remain.
[Roadsideamerica.com Team, 07/01/2005]
"Virginia's Technology Corridor":
Address: Covington (near), VA
Directions: Along Interstate 64.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 17, 2014
Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Mini-Graceland, Elvis City, Roanoke, Virginia
- Giant Watering Can and Flower Pots, Staunton, Virginia
- Freaky Fake Floral House, Staunton, Virginia
- Trojan Dog, Roanoke, Virginia
- Museum of Edgar Allan Poe, Richmond, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips