Pittsfield, Maine: World's Largest Non-Stick Frying PanTen feet across. Brought out of storage every July and placed under a tent in a field for the Pittsfield Egg Festival.
- Crosby St., Pittsfield, ME
- In Manson Park, which is just south of Hwy 69/Hunnewell Ave. and just east of of Hwy 11/Main St. Turn east off of Main onto Crosby St. to the Park.
- Festival is first weekend in July.
Visitor Tips and News About World's Largest Non-Stick Frying Pan
The Pittsfield frying pan was made in New Jersey... Green Brook I believe.[Richard Gallison, 05/12/2010]
Brought out of storage every July for the Pittsfield Egg Festival, where it fries eggs under a tent in Manson Park. We lucked out, arriving the day before the festival, so the pan was accessible and unattended. It's ten feet wide, and the handle was off. Off-season frying pans are not too thrilling, but Pittsfield should display theirs on a stand, not hide it in a municipal garage.[Roadsideamerica.com Team, 07/19/2001]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Lindbergh Crate Museum, Canaan, ME - 9 mi.
- World's Tallest Indian, Skowhegan, ME - 17 mi.
- Paul Bunyan Statue and Birthplace, Bangor, ME - 30 mi.
- Penobscot Narrows Bridge Observatory, Fort Knox Tunnels, Prospect, ME - 32 mi.