Visitor Tips and News About Circus Town USA
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Hugo, Oklahoma - Circus Town USA
Hugo has been a circus wintering home for over a half-century, calling itself "Circus Town, USA." Two operations still park here when the snows come -- the Carson & Barnes Circus, and the Kelly Miller Circus. If you're in Hugo, you'll see circus wagons and trailers stored in fields or pulled up next to modest homes. The town water tower has a big-top theme, there's a sanctuary for elephants, and the Circus Diner is plastered with vintage circusabilia. Ask a local to point you the right way.
There's also a performer-packed Showman's Rest at Mt. Olivet Cemetery at Trice and 8th Sts.
[Roadsideamerica.com Team, 01/01/2005]
October 1, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Magnetic Hill, Springer, Oklahoma
- Feature: Bubble Top Cars of the Future, Afton, Oklahoma
- Feature: Miss America University, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Cloverleaf: Quirky Store, Ardmore, Oklahoma
- Feature: Twister (The Movie) Museum, Wakita, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Plane on a Stick, Lakewood, California
- Jesus Wearing Cowboy Boots, Paris, Texas
- Jesse James' Corpse Basket - Funeral Museum, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Japanese Temple Replica, Kaneohe, Oahu, Hawaii
- Standin' on the Corner Park, Winslow, Arizona