Visitor Tips and News About Circus Town USA
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Hugo, Oklahoma - Circus Town USA
Hugo has been a circus wintering home for over a half-century, calling itself "Circus Town, USA." Two operations still park here when the snows come -- the Carson & Barnes Circus, and the Kelly Miller Circus. If you're in Hugo, you'll see circus wagons and trailers stored in fields or pulled up next to modest homes. The town water tower has a big-top theme, there's a sanctuary for elephants, and the Circus Diner is plastered with vintage circusabilia. Ask a local to point you the right way.
There's also a performer-packed Showman's Rest at Mt. Olivet Cemetery at Trice and 8th Sts.
[Roadsideamerica.com Team, 01/01/2005]
July 31, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Oklahoma Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Sonic Drink Water Tank, Choctaw, Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Land Run Monument, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 45th Infantry Division Museum - Hitler's Mirror, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- World's Largest Praying Hands, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Fifty-Foot-Tall Buddhist Deity, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Yakov Smirnoff Theatre, Branson, Missouri
- Lenin Statue, Seattle, Washington
- Clothespin Grave Marker, Middlesex, Vermont
- Big Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
- Stephen Foster's Horse Jawbone, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania