Vanishing herd -- there used to be more fiberglass giants at the Corn Palace Motel and Chef Louie's Steakhouse. Now only the steer remains.
Corn Palace Motel
- S. Burr St., Mitchell, SD
- I-90 exit 332, then north on Hwy 37/Burr St. about three-quarters of a mile. On the east (northbound) side; in front of the Corn Palace Motel.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Big Steer
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This giant steer in Mitchell South Dakota shows the way to Chef Louie's restaurant. Located on the corner of S. Burr Street next to the Corn Palace Motel. [Tammy Robinson, 12/03/2006]
Giant Steer, Bison, and a Pig on the Roof
Despite the many attractions in Mitchell, our personal favorites were definitely the giant cow and buffalo facing each other from across the street. We couldn't help but stop and take pictures. Also, about a block from the Corn Palace, there is a pig on a roof-suuuwee pig pig pig! Yep, we found it flat out hilarious.
[Kameka Mala, 08/15/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 29, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
South Dakota Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Thunder Gold Mine, Keystone, South Dakota
- Madonna Of The Prairies, Hermosa, South Dakota
- Scrap Metal T Rex Sue, Faith, South Dakota
- Original 1880's Town, Murdo, South Dakota
- Reptile Gardens, Rapid City, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips