Vanishing herd -- there used to be more fiberglass giants at the Corn Palace Motel and Chef Louie's Steakhouse. Now only the steer remains.
Corn Palace Motel
- S. Burr St., Mitchell, SD
- I-90 exit 332, then north on Hwy 37/Burr St. about three-quarters of a mile. On the east (northbound) side; in front of the Corn Palace Motel.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Big Steer
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This giant steer in Mitchell South Dakota shows the way to Chef Louie's restaurant. Located on the corner of S. Burr Street next to the Corn Palace Motel. [Tammy Robinson, 12/03/2006]
Giant Steer, Bison, and a Pig on the Roof
Despite the many attractions in Mitchell, our personal favorites were definitely the giant cow and buffalo facing each other from across the street. We couldn't help but stop and take pictures. Also, about a block from the Corn Palace, there is a pig on a roof-suuuwee pig pig pig! Yep, we found it flat out hilarious.
[Kameka Mala, 08/15/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 7, 2014
South Dakota Latest Tips and Stories
- Center of the Nation - 50 States, Belle Fourche, South Dakota
- Big Elk Made Out Of Car Parts, Kadoka, South Dakota
- Big President Heads, Hermosa, South Dakota
- St. Peter's Rock Grotto, Farmer, South Dakota
- Buffalo Chip Sign and Big Motorcycle Motor, Sturgis, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mr. Little, Santa Ana, California
- Menagerie of Sculptures, New Gretna, New Jersey
- Sci-Fi Donut Store, Bellingham, Washington
- Tardis in South Carolina, York, South Carolina
- Huge Paper Airplane, Mukilteo, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips