Fergus Falls, Minnesota: Big Ship
A local nightspot, built in 1946-47 to resemble a sleek white pleasure ship. The upper part originally featured a swimming pool and dance floor, while the lower decks were used to store beer.
Eagles Aerie No 2339
- 120 S. Peck St., Fergus Falls, MN
- Eagles Aerie No 2339. East side of town. From Pebble Lake Rd turn north onto S. Peck St. and drive until it ends.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Big Ship
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The big ship is still in Fergus Falls. Not sure how or why a big ship got into dry dock in the middle of Minnesota.
[Chris Gemlo, 02/23/2011]
Along with the Otter and Canada Goose in Fergus Falls there is the Eagles Club/Bar. The building is in the shape of a big ship. Nothing especially neat to see inside, unless you want to see the locals crowded around the bar and the pull tab salesman or happen to come through on a night there is a wedding dance held on the lower or upper dance floors. Just a photo op of a big ship.
[Holly Diestler, 09/02/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 28, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Abandoned Insane Asylum, Fergus Falls, Minnesota
- Hot Sam's Shark and Guitar, Lakeville, Minnesota
- Sprout, Jolly Green Giant's Bud, Blue Earth, Minnesota
- Famous Aerial Lift Bridge, Duluth, Minnesota
- The Minnehaha Bunny, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Vicksburg National Military Park, Vicksburg, Mississippi
- Big Chicken Statue, Byron Center, Michigan
- Historic Oakville Jail and Guesthouse, Oakville, Texas
- Dancing Blues Brothers, Joliet, Illinois
- Tom's Cypress, Waldo, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips