Detroit, Michigan: Giant Cow Head
It's almost as big as the abandoned ice cream stand on which it's perched.
- 13099 Mack Ave., Detroit, MI
- East edge of the city. I-94 exit 220B. Drive south on Conner Ave. for about a mile, then turn left onto Mack Ave. Drive six blocks. On the northwest corner of Mack Ave. and Lenox St.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Cow Head
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Giant Cow Head
Checking out a bit of the inner city... While driving along Mack, I came across this enormous cow head. It was sitting on top of a closed ice cream stand. My friend told me it was used in the movie 8 Mile and that in one scene Eminem shoots it with a paintball gun. This could account why cow head has a decent and fairly recent paint job when the neighborhood around it is crumbling. This is not the best neighborhood to go "roadsiding" in, but it does show that no matter where you are, there are treasures to be found.
[Richard Weiss, 09/04/2005]
May 31, 2016
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Carved Statues, Syrup Queen, Vermontville, Michigan
- Chicken Statue, Niles, Michigan
- Tin Man Made of Scrap, Niles, Michigan
- The Worker Sculpture, Lansing, Michigan
- World's Largest Tire, Allen Park, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Official Back Porch Ronald Reagan, Annapolis, Maryland
- Ghost Town Beehive Kilns: Frisco, Beaver County, Utah
- Two-Story Outhouse Possibly Used by Lincoln, Janesville, Wisconsin
- One Man, Two Headstones, Samaria, Idaho
- Feature: Rudolph Grotto and Wonder Cave, Rudolph, Wisconsin