Liverpool, Pennsylvania - Girty's Notch
Visitor Tips and News About Girty's Notch
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Near Liverpool, Perry County, Pennsylvania on Routes 11/15 beside the Susquehanna River. A roadside rest called "Girty's Notch" where Simon Gerty is purported to have attacked rafters with his band of indians and confiscated their loads. Remnants of a cave entrance have been closed by the highway department with a mortared stone wall.
[Nevin Hawlman, 09/02/1997]
July 4, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Bull Statue, Mercer, Pennsylvania
- Johnstown Inclined Plane - World's Steepest Vehicular Inclined Plane, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- Living Dead Museum, Evans City, Pennsylvania
- Flying Saucer in Town Named Mars, Mars, Pennsylvania
- Mercer Museum, Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Titanic: World's Largest Museum Attraction, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Lopsided Pink Dog, Memphis, Tennessee
- Welcome Alien Statue, Roswell, New Mexico
- Art Tigers, Memphis, Tennessee
- Carved Wooden Farmer, Chatfield, Minnesota