Liverpool, Pennsylvania - Girty's Notch
Visitor Tips and News About Girty's Notch
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Near Liverpool, Perry County, Pennsylvania on Routes 11/15 beside the Susquehanna River. A roadside rest called "Girty's Notch" where Simon Gerty is purported to have attacked rafters with his band of indians and confiscated their loads. Remnants of a cave entrance have been closed by the highway department with a mortared stone wall.
[Nevin Hawlman, 09/02/1997]
February 8, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- America's Oldest Surgical Amphitheater, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Living Dead Museum, Evans City, Pennsylvania
- Giant Gas Pump, Troy, Pennsylvania
- Giant Pencil, Wysox, Pennsylvania
- Coke Tree, Lower Paxton Township, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Bandy's Troll Haven, Sequim, Washington
- Amelia Earhart Statue, Los Angeles, California
- Hitler's Car, Costa Mesa, California
- Bunnyhenge, Newport Beach, California
- Creek County Frog Rock, Mannford, Oklahoma