Ridgeland, Mississippi: Washington Monument Cell Phone Tower
A cleverly disguised cell phone tower mimics the Washington Monument in DC.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Washington Monument Replica - Cell Tower
Visitor Tips and News About Washington Monument Cell Phone Tower
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The miniature Washington Monument on Interstate 55 in Ridgeland is a cell phone tower. The mayor and city of Ridgeland thought that the miniature obelisk would be more visually appealing than the common metal structure.
[Craig Etheridge, 07/14/2008]
Washington Monument Replica Obelisk
North of Jackson, Mississippi-Highway 55, there is an obelisk that looks like a smaller version of the Washington Monument in D.C. made of white marble, complete with the little windows on top.
The last two trips through there it was pouring down rain, dark (it's lit at night)with rain but there was a lot of road work going, so I couldn't pull over and get a photo. So the last time I was by I had my daughter get a photo from the back seat of the car while traveling northbound.
[Connie Ausema, 03/29/2008]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 30, 2015
Mississippi Latest Tips and Stories
- Gypsy Queen Grave, Meridian, Mississippi
- Feature: Vicksburg National Military Park, Vicksburg, Mississippi
- Dedeaux Clan Giant Rocking Chair, Gulfport, Mississippi
- Lunar Lander, Westonia, Mississippi
- Shark Head, Biloxi, Mississippi
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Apple Basket Water Tower, Mount Jackson, Virginia
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Brown Pet Cemetery, Columbus, Ohio
- Singing Highway, Tijeras, New Mexico
- Feature: Wentworth Museum: Petrified Cat, Pensacola, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips