Fort Knox, Kentucky: General Patton's Death Car
The museum will satisfy Patton fans, with a collection of his personal items, including his death car and the collar worn by his dog. Most of the firepower formerly displayed -- some of it captured by Patton himself -- has been moved elsewhere.
Gen. George S. Patton Museum of Leadership
- 4554 Fayette Ave., Fort Knox, KY
- Take US Hwy 31W into the Fort Knox military reservation. The Gen. George S. Patton Museum of Leadership is on the northbound side, a mile south of the intersection of US Hwys 31W and 60.
- M-F 9-4:30, Sa-Su 10-5:30 (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
General George Patton Museum
Visitor Tips and News About General Patton's Death Car
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
About 90 percent of the former exhibits are gone. There were only about 5 military tanks or artillery pieces left on display. Unless you just want to see Patton's pistols and the restored car he was killed in, don't bother going out of your way.
Patton Museum Fans Vow to Fight Relocation Assault
The George S. Patton Museum of Cavalry and Armor may not remain much longer at its current home of Fort Knox, Kentucky.... [10/01/2005] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 23, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kentucky Latest Tips and Stories
- Everly Brothers Monument, Central City, Kentucky
- Library of Mountain Millstones, London, Kentucky
- Florence Y'all Water Tower, Florence, Kentucky
- Tiny Post Office, Sardis, Kentucky
- King Arthur's Round Table - Literary Park, Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Two-Headed Car, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Turtle Mound - Pile o' Shells, New Smyrna Beach, Florida
- Jewel Box Bank Guarded by Golden Lions, Grinnell, Iowa
- Gatorland - Seniors discount, Kissimmee, Florida
- Soldier's National Museum, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips