Fort Knox, Kentucky: General Patton's Death CarThe museum will satisfy Patton fans, with a collection of his personal items, including his death car and the collar worn by his dog. Most of the firepower formerly displayed -- some of it captured by Patton himself -- has been moved elsewhere.
Gen. George S. Patton Museum of Leadership
- 4554 Fayette Ave., Fort Knox, KY
- Take US Hwy 31W into the Fort Knox military reservation. The Gen. George S. Patton Museum of Leadership is on the northbound side, a mile south of the intersection of US Hwys 31W and 60.
- M-F 9-4:30, Sa-Su 10-5:30 (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About General Patton's Death Car
About 90 percent of the former exhibits are gone. There were only about 5 military tanks or artillery pieces left on display. Unless you just want to see Patton's pistols and the restored car he was killed in, don't bother going out of your way.[Jim, 10/03/2010]
The George S. Patton Museum of Cavalry and Armor may not remain much longer at its current home of Fort Knox, Kentucky.... [10/01/2005] Complete News Story
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Memorial to America's Worst Drunk Driving Accident, Radcliff, KY - 5 mi.
- Machine Gun Shoot, West Point, KY - 9 mi.
- Midget Mountain - Gospel Campground, Sheperdsville, KY - 13 mi.
- In the region: Birthplace of "Happy Birthday to You", Louisville, KY - 27 mi.