Austin, Texas: Taco Maria Statue
A larger-than-life sculpture of Maria Corbalan tops her neighborhood taco stand.
- 2529 S. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX
- Atop Taco Xpress. South side of the city. I-35 exit 232-A. Drive west on Oltorf St. until it ends, then turn left onto Lamar Blvd./Hwy 343. Taco XPress will be about a half-mile, at number 2529.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Taco Maria Statue
Visitor Tips and News About Taco Maria Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Visited Taco Maria in Austin today -- the arms are back!
Taco Maria Has Her Arms Chopped Off
"Monster Maria," a statue of Maria Corbalan, owner of a Taco XPress in South Austin, Texas, has had its arms chopped off by daring vandals. They climbed atop the restaurant on the night of September 14 and hacked off her eight-foot arms, leaving only shreds of styrofoam on the roof.
... [10/01/2005] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 31, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Monster Mini Golf, San Antonio, Texas
- World's Largest Urban Bat Colony, Austin, Texas
- Giant Coors Light Can, Longview, Texas
- World's Largest Virgin Mary Mosaic, San Antonio, Texas
- Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips