Austin, Texas: Taco Maria Statue
A larger-than-life sculpture of Maria Corbalan tops her neighborhood taco stand.
- 2529 S. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX
- Atop Taco Xpress. South side of the city. I-35 exit 232-A. Drive west on Oltorf St. until it ends, then turn left onto Lamar Blvd./Hwy 343. Taco XPress will be about a half-mile, at number 2529.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Taco Maria Statue
Visitor Tips and News About Taco Maria Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Visited Taco Maria in Austin today -- the arms are back!
Taco Maria Has Her Arms Chopped Off
"Monster Maria," a statue of Maria Corbalan, owner of a Taco XPress in South Austin, Texas, has had its arms chopped off by daring vandals. They climbed atop the restaurant on the night of September 14 and hacked off her eight-foot arms, leaving only shreds of styrofoam on the roof.
... [10/01/2005] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 20, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Jesus Carved in Tree Trunk, Burleson, Texas
- World's Largest BBQ - Undisputable Cuz, Brenham, Texas
- Giant Peanut Memorial, Floresville, Texas
- Columbus Replica Ship, Corpus Christi, Texas
- Crypt Under a Bridge, Houston, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips