Middleburg Heights, Ohio: Graveyard at a Movie TheaterA historic family cemetery was left untouched, but surrounded by the asphalt parking lot of a movie theater and shopping center. Not contrived for a grade Z zombie flick, but this must be a special place on Halloween.
- 18348 Bagley Rd, Middleburg Heights, OH
- From I-71, take Bagley Road exit in Middleburg Heights. Turn west, go past Engle Road. Regal Middleburg Town Square 16 movie plaza is on the right, theater is all the way in the back. Cemetery is across from theater in back of parking lot.
Visitor Tips and News About Graveyard at a Movie Theater
A lot of history here.[Anthony, 03/25/2012]
... and we like our history convenient to a popcorn machine.
The Hickox Family Graveyard is encapsulated by a movie theater parking lot. The family were some of the original settlers of the area, and had the family plot behind a house which does not exist anymore. When the movie theater and plaza were built by developers, the graveyard was left alone, and now sits on an island surrounded by asphalt.[Ryan McGilvray, 10/13/2005]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Cocoa, Milk, Sugar, Cleveland, OH - 4 mi.
- Goofy World War II Hero Dog Monument, Cleveland, OH - 6 mi.
- Museum of Divine Statues, Lakewood, OH - 8 mi.
- Grave of Only Baseball Player Killed by a Baseball, Cleveland Heights, OH - 16 mi.