Sedan, Kansas: Yellow Brick Road and Munchkin Mall
Kansas town connecting with The Wizard of Oz universe. More of a sidewalk than a road, but give Sedan credit for the effort.
- Main St., Sedan, KS
- Along Main St./US Hwy 166 between Douglas and Chautauqua Sts.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Yellow Brick Road
Visitor Tips and News About Yellow Brick Road and Munchkin Mall
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Yellow Brick Road in Sedan, KS is a collection of bricks (over 10,000) that people can buy to have their name on that are painted yellow -- they cover the sidewalk in downtown Sedan. The VIP section is in front of the Emmett Kelly Museum. There is an annual parade at the end of May. [Star Straf, 08/14/2007]
The Hollow - Near Wizard of Oz Museum
This was an unexpected bonus with our visit to Sedan, KS. While in the Wizard of Oz museum/gift shop, we struck up a conversation with an employee who directed us there (a mere 2-3 blocks away, which in this town with a speed limit of 30 meant a few minutes drive). It's a nicely landscaped public garden and includes a wooden walkway tucked into the trees along a creek, and an old schoolhouse. It was a relaxing way to stretch our legs and let the little ones run around. If you pass through there to see the Yellow Brick Road, be sure to inquire about "The Hollow."
[Audra Hershberger, 07/10/2006]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 30, 2015
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Erie Dinosaur Park, Erie, Kansas
- Leo the Lion Rug, McPherson, Kansas
- Birthplace of Home On The Range, Athol, Kansas
- Giant Dragon and Other Farm Equipment Creatures, Lincoln, Kansas
- Suitcase Tombstone of a Traveling Salesman, Lincoln, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Brown Pet Cemetery, Columbus, Ohio
- Singing Highway, Tijeras, New Mexico
- Feature: Wentworth Museum: Petrified Cat, Pensacola, Florida
- Museum at World's Largest Truck Stop, Walcott, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips