Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Mall of America
Visitor Tips and News About The Mall of America
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The 1.2 million gallon aquarium attraction inside the Mall of America has reopened as "Sea Life Minnesota" after more than two years of work. It's been in the Mall since 1996, but has changed hands repeatedly (in its last incarnation it was "Underwater Adventures"). The new owners have promised to make the attraction more "cool."
One highlight: the shark tank with the walk-through plexiglass tunnel is now the "Atlantis Temple" and has a big head of the god Poseidon as a tank decoration.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 03/05/2011]
The Mall of America
No need to shop anywhere else. According to media reports, the Mall of America (MOA) gets 40 million visitors a year. That is more than Disney World. The Camp Snoopy theme park has been replaced by Nickelodeon Universe. The park has variations of the old rides and several new ones, all in the Sponge Bob theme and other Nickelodeon characters. Driving through the parking ramp you should be able to find almost any license plate in the union on any given day.
[Chris Gemlo, 04/27/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Harmon Killebrew Homer Tribute Chair, Bloomington, MN - < 1 mi.
- Larry Craig Solicitation Bathroom, Minneapolis, MN - 2 mi.
- Urban Shoe Tree, Minneapolis, MN - 8 mi.
- In the region: Vikings, Beach Dude, Gorilla,, Hampton, MN - 20 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 29, 2014
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Warrior King Jesus on a White Stallion, Owatonna, Minnesota
- Northernmost School in the Contiguous (Lower 48) States, Angle Inlet, Minnesota
- Northernmost Post Office in the Lower 48 States, Angle Inlet, Minnesota
- Jolly Green Giant, Blue Earth, Minnesota
- Bench for "You Can't Always Get What You Want" Man, Excelsior, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Longest Historic Covered Bridge in the USA, Medora, Indiana
- Sit with Giant Lincoln, Boise, Idaho
- Old Idaho Penitentiary, Boise, Idaho
- Tiny Church, Kahaluu-Keauhou, Big Island, Hawaii
- Gold King Mine Museum - Old West Junkyard, Jerome, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips