Porterville, California: Stump House
A one-story, circular home appearing as if fashioned from the cross-section of a 2-mile tall tree.
Big Stump Trailer Park
- 574 S. Main St., Porterville, CA
- In front of Big Stump Trailer Park. Hwy 65 exit 43, drive east on Poplar Ave., then turn north onto Main St. On the east side.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Stump House
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We were looking for something unusual and decided that a road trip to Porterville was the perfect way to waste a day. The Stump House is a big disappointment. It was at one time a wonderful looking sight, I am sure, but it has gone to seed and the stump is revealed as what it actually is.....a round building with vertical planks and redwood bark attached to it (missing in lots of places).
Area is not the best but if you are in Porterville for other reasons check it out...along with the Black Bear Cafe and the famous Porterville Street BBQ. Ask anyone where they are. Just east of town is the Tule River Indian Casino. The casino isn't much to look at, but the drive there is pretty.
[travelling jon, 01/01/2011]
This giant redwood stump house is in front of the Big Stump Trailer park. It doesn't look like anyone is living in it, but there is a sign that says "cabin available," so maybe it's just waiting for a new occupant.
[Anna Newman, 11/08/2005]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Largest Olive, Lindsay, CA - 11 mi.
- Bomber, Fighter Jet, Vietnam Memorial, Tulare, CA - 19 mi.
- Giant Cow Food Stand, Three Rivers, CA - 26 mi.
- In the region: Muffler Man - The Indian Warrior, Bakersfield, CA - 44 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 31, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Deer Park Winery And Car Museum, Escondido, California
- Mammoth Orange Stand, Chowchilla, California
- Mines Near Ghost Town, Yermo, California
- Rio Linda Cow, Rio Linda, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
- Giant Legos, Enfield, Connecticut
Latest Visitor Tips