Brainerd, Minnesota: Paul Bunyan's Footsteps
Evidence that the legendary forest trimmer passed through these parts, left by his size 80 boots in what is now a Kohl's parking lot.
- 7565 Excelsior Rd, Brainerd, MN
- Drive west of town on Hwy 210/Washington St. Turn right (north) onto Hwy 371, then make the first right onto Excelsior Rd, then an immediate right into the Kohl's parking lot. The footprints are next to the handicap parking spaces.
Paul Bunyan's Footsteps
Visitor Tips and News About Paul Bunyan's Footsteps
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
If you go to the Kohl's parking lot where the Paul Bunyan Amusement Center once was, you can see the footsteps where the original talking Paul once stood. They are dated to when the park opened and when it met its demise (1953 to 2003). I still feel this was too high a price to pay -- to lose a quaint little theme park for a Kohl's! So if you'd like to pay homage, head on over to the Kohl's parking lot next to the handicap parking spots. [Holly Diestler, 12/09/2005]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 30, 2015
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- 45th Parallel Marker, Golden Valley, Minnesota
- Commercial Diver Memorial, Plymouth, Minnesota
- Polar Bear and Seal, Winger, Minnesota
- Birthplace of F. Scott Fitzgerald, St. Paul, Minnesota
- House of Balls, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Continental Divide Trading Post, Continental Divide, New Mexico
- Marker: Atom Bombs Dropped Here, Eureka, North Carolina
- Navajo Code Talkers Statue & Window Rock, Window Rock, Arizona
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips