Los Angeles, California: Big Doughnut - Dale's Donuts
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Big Doughnut - Dale's Donuts
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Giant Doughnut - Dale's Donuts
This is yet another in a series of the Big Doughnuts LA is famous for. This stand is Dale's, to be distinguished from Randy's in Inglewood and several others in the region. I like to think of the power lines in the photo as ribbons of chocolate. These giant donuts were built in the mid 1950s and are an important part of LA's programmatic architecture that advertise a merchant's products by replicating it on a massive scale.
[Phil Pasquini, 01/02/2010]
March 30, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Salvation Mountain, Niland, California
- Calico Ghost Town, Yermo, California
- Diorama Museum of Bhagavad-gita, Los Angeles, California
- Storyland - Child-Free Adults Unwelcome, Fresno, California
- Glory Hole - Monticello Dam Drain, Napa, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Restored 1930s Texaco Gas Station, Dwight, Illinois
- Uniroyal Gal, Livingston, Illinois
- Original Brunswick Stew Pot, Brunswick, Georgia
- World's Tallest Our Lady of Guadalupe, Windsor, Ohio