Los Angeles, California: Big Doughnut - Dale's Donuts
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Big Doughnut - Dale's Donuts
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Giant Doughnut - Dale's Donuts
This is yet another in a series of the Big Doughnuts LA is famous for. This stand is Dale's, to be distinguished from Randy's in Inglewood and several others in the region. I like to think of the power lines in the photo as ribbons of chocolate. These giant donuts were built in the mid 1950s and are an important part of LA's programmatic architecture that advertise a merchant's products by replicating it on a massive scale.
[Phil Pasquini, 01/02/2010]
December 2, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Fort Humboldt - Lonely Ulysses S. Grant Army Post, Eureka, California
- Gold Nugget Museum, Paradise, California
- Feature: World's Largest Redwood Tree Service Station, Ukiah, California
- Giant Hammer Sign, Eureka, California
- Crashed UFO at the Lathrop Tower Mart, Lathrop, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- The Guitar Walk, Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
- Coral Castle, Homestead, Florida
- Metalmorphosis, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Home of Buford "Walking Tall" Pusser, Adamsville, Tennessee
- Buford Pusser Died Here, Adamsville, Tennessee