Salt Lake City, Utah: Giant Neon Bowling PinAdvertises fifty-four lanes of "classic bowling."
Ritz Classic Bowl
- 2265 S State St., Salt Lake City, UT
- Ritz Classic Bowl. North of I-80 on US 89 - South State St.
- Impressive after dark. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Neon Bowling Pin
I stopped to take some daytime photos of the giant bowling pin. The letters in the middle of the pin rotate in sync, displaying the message, "classic - bowling." Or, they DID rotate; the last two times I've been by, both during the day, they were not moving. I hope it's just a temporary glitch![Candace S., 03/20/2013]
On State Street near the highway 80 overpass is a huge neon sign shaped like a bowling pin advertising "classic bowling." We weren't sure what made bowling classic or not, but there are 54 lanes for you to research next time you visit. There is also a coffee shop.[Anna Newman, 12/31/2005]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Muffler-Chested Man Sign, Salt Lake City, UT - 2 mi.
- Col. Sanders Statue - 1st Kentucky Fried Chicken Franchise, Murray, UT - 2 mi.
- Virgin Mary in a Stump, Salt Lake City, UT - 2 mi.
- Two-Headed Lamb and Really Old Bread, Salt Lake City, UT - 4 mi.