Boston, Massachusetts: World's Largest Van De Graff Generator
Star of the Museum's "Electricity Theater." Bring ear plugs -- simulated lightning is just as loud as the real thing.
Boston Museum of Science
- 1 Science Park, Boston, MA
- I-93 north to Exit 26 (Storrow Drive). As you exit the tunnel, stay left for Leverett Circle/28N. Continue staying left for 28N and proceed through the Leverett traffic lights and onto 28N, the O'Brien Highway. The Boston Museum of Science is on your left. The parking garage is at the far end of the building.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
World's Largest Van De Graff Generator
Visitor Tips and News About World's Largest Van De Graff Generator
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The world's largest van De Graff Generator is housed at the Museum of Science in Boston. They put on an awesome electricity theater production talking about lightning and such. The lightning comes from the generator and comes over the audience. Bring ear plugs because it does get loud.
[Anita Smallin, 01/01/2006]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 23, 2013
Massachusetts Latest Tips and Stories
- Church with Congregation of Nude Statues, North Adams, Massachusetts
- Higgins Armory Museum, Worcester, Massachusetts
- IT Gravestone, Middlefield, Massachusetts
- Dump Truck and Fenway Gravestones, Leominster, Massachusetts
- God's Wisdom, Barre, Massachusetts
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips