Midland, Texas: First Airplane of Texas
The first airplane built and flown in Texas. Hangs in the lobby of Midland's airport.
- 600 Air Park Road, Midland, TX
- Midland International Airport
- Airport hours. (Call to verify)
- Free (other than airport parking).
First Airplane of Texas
Visitor Tips and News About First Airplane of Texas
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Restored first airplane built and flown in Texas, by Austrian immigrant Johann Pliska, who also happened to be the county's first naturalized US citizen. Hanging in the lobby (left wing) of the Midland International Airport.
[Horst Kurz, 12/31/2005]
November 29, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
- Huntington Sculpture Garden, Coupland, Texas
- Oscar Monnig's Meteorites, Fort Worth, Texas
- Only Conch Shell Wall in the U.S., Port Arthur, Texas
- Giant Home-Made Alligator, Beaumont, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Pheasant, Huron, South Dakota
- Ernest Hemingway Memorial, Sun Valley, Idaho
- Feature: Tonga Room, San Francisco, California
- Failed Hollow Earth Utopia, Estero, Florida
- Grave of Bo Diddley, Bronson, Florida