Midland, Texas: First Airplane of Texas
The first airplane built and flown in Texas. Hangs in the lobby of Midland's airport.
- 600 Air Park Road, Midland, TX
- Midland International Airport
- Airport hours. (Call to verify)
- Free (other than airport parking).
First Airplane of Texas
Visitor Tips and News About First Airplane of Texas
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Restored first airplane built and flown in Texas, by Austrian immigrant Johann Pliska, who also happened to be the county's first naturalized US citizen. Hanging in the lobby (left wing) of the Midland International Airport.
[Horst Kurz, 12/31/2005]
July 28, 2016
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Dinosaur World, Glen Rose, Texas
- Giant metal spur, Hico, Texas
- Dr Pepper Museum, Dublin, Texas
- The Empty Cross, The Coming of the King, Kerrville, Texas
- Austin Toy Museum, Austin, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Shuttle Astronaut Mini-Museum: Space Tire, Beaufort, North Carolina
- Giant Magic Mushrooms and Joint, Sutherlin, Oregon
- Half-Human 8-Foot-Tall Duck, Eugene, Oregon
- Monument to Last Shot of the Civil War, Waynesville, North Carolina
- License Plate Building, Sylva, North Carolina