Midland, Texas: First Airplane of Texas
The first airplane built and flown in Texas. Hangs in the lobby of Midland's airport.
- 600 Air Park Road, Midland, TX
- Midland International Airport
- Airport hours. (Call to verify)
- Free (other than airport parking).
First Airplane of Texas
Visitor Tips and News About First Airplane of Texas
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Restored first airplane built and flown in Texas, by Austrian immigrant Johann Pliska, who also happened to be the county's first naturalized US citizen. Hanging in the lobby (left wing) of the Midland International Airport.
[Horst Kurz, 12/31/2005]
May 26, 2016
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Art Museum, San Antonio, Texas
- 16 Windmills, Montague, Texas
- Mount Rush Hour, Houston, Texas
- Cadillac RV Park, Amarillo, Texas
- Terry Tunes, Yard Artist, Liberty Hill, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Geodesic Structure, Novelty, Ohio
- Earthoid: Earth Globe Water Storage Tank, Germantown, Maryland
- The Shoe Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Whirligigs - Wind Sculptures, Buffalo, New York
- Ugo Rondinone: Seven Magic Mountains, Jean, Nevada