Midland, Texas: First Airplane of Texas
The first airplane built and flown in Texas. Hangs in the lobby of Midland's airport.
Midland International Air & Space Port
- 9506 La Force Blvd, Midland, TX
- Suspended above baggage claim area in the Midland International Airport Terminal Building.
- Airport hours. (Call to verify)
- Free (other than airport parking).
First Airplane of Texas
Visitor Tips and News About First Airplane of Texas
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Restored first airplane built and flown in Texas, by Austrian immigrant Johann Pliska, who also happened to be the county's first naturalized US citizen. Hanging in the lobby (left wing) of the Midland International Airport.
[Horst Kurz, 12/31/2005]
March 29, 2017
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Bat Tornado at Dusk, Fredericksburg, Texas
- Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
- Eiffel Tower With Big Cowboy Hat, Paris, Texas
- American Freedom Museum, Bullard, Texas
- Paisano Pete, Fort Stockton, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- World's Tallest Hatteras Tribute Lighthouse, East Lake, North Carolina
- Longest Named Thing in America, Webster, Massachusetts
- Beale Street Barber Shop, Wilmington, North Carolina
- Sponge-O-Rama, Tarpon Springs, Florida
- Feature: East Meets West: Father of Route 66, Tulsa, Oklahoma