Midland, Texas: First Airplane of Texas
The first airplane built and flown in Texas. Hangs in the lobby of Midland's airport.
- 600 Air Park Road, Midland, TX
- Midland International Airport
- Airport hours. (Call to verify)
- Free (other than airport parking).
First Airplane of Texas
Visitor Tips and News About First Airplane of Texas
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Restored first airplane built and flown in Texas, by Austrian immigrant Johann Pliska, who also happened to be the county's first naturalized US citizen. Hanging in the lobby (left wing) of the Midland International Airport.
[Horst Kurz, 12/31/2005]
February 20, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Town With Unusual Name, Uncertain, Texas
- Seminole Indian Scout Cemetery, Bracketville, Texas
- Tiny Triangle Building, Seabrook, Texas
- Lightnin' Hopkins Statue, Crockett, Texas
- Metal Dice And Mural, Decatur, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Magic Garden, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Giant Cocktail Imperial Liquor Store, Lexington, Kentucky
- Feature: Sit with Roger Ebert, Champaign, Illinois
- Hawaii's Plantation Village, Waipahu, Hawaii
- House with Skeletons on the Roof, San Diego, California