Midland, Texas: First Airplane of Texas
The first airplane built and flown in Texas. Hangs in the lobby of Midland's airport.
Midland International Air & Space Port
- 9506 La Force Blvd, Midland, TX
- Suspended above baggage claim area in the Midland International Airport Terminal Building.
- Airport hours. (Call to verify)
- Free (other than airport parking).
First Airplane of Texas
Visitor Tips and News About First Airplane of Texas
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Restored first airplane built and flown in Texas, by Austrian immigrant Johann Pliska, who also happened to be the county's first naturalized US citizen. Hanging in the lobby (left wing) of the Midland International Airport.
[Horst Kurz, 12/31/2005]
May 23, 2017
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Quirky Store, Cowboy on Jackrabbit, Austin, Texas
- Veterans Memorial - Action Soldier Poses, College Station, Texas
- Dan Blocker Memorial - Hoss's Head, O'Donnell, Texas
- Starship Pegasus, Italy, Texas
- Treaty Oak, Austin, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- A-7 Corsair II Aircraft, Cullom, Illinois
- Oxley, Metal Ox, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Ashes of First Cremated American, Washington, Pennsylvania
- Trolley Graveyard, Windber, Pennsylvania
- Feature: Stumpy's Hatchet House, Eatontown, New Jersey