Midland, Texas: First Airplane of Texas
The first airplane built and flown in Texas. Hangs in the lobby of Midland's airport.
- 600 Air Park Road, Midland, TX
- Midland International Airport
- Airport hours. (Call to verify)
- Free (other than airport parking).
First Airplane of Texas
Visitor Tips and News About First Airplane of Texas
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Restored first airplane built and flown in Texas, by Austrian immigrant Johann Pliska, who also happened to be the county's first naturalized US citizen. Hanging in the lobby (left wing) of the Midland International Airport.
[Horst Kurz, 12/31/2005]
August 24, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Rock 'n' Roll Heaven Mural, McAllen, Texas
- LBJ Museum, San Marcos, Texas
- Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison Statues in a Mausoleum, Fort Worth, Texas
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre Store, Bastrop, Texas
- Statue of Larry Hagman as J.R. Ewing, Weatherford, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Muffler Man - Happy Halfwit, Winslow, New Jersey
- Feature: The Moon-Eyed People, Murphy, North Carolina
- Daniel's Ridge, Lutsen, Minnesota
- Rock Garden of America, Littleton, North Carolina
- Bancroft Tower, Worcester, Massachusetts