Midland, Texas: First Airplane of Texas
The first airplane built and flown in Texas. Hangs in the lobby of Midland's airport.
- 600 Air Park Road, Midland, TX
- Midland International Airport
- Airport hours. (Call to verify)
- Free (other than airport parking).
First Airplane of Texas
Visitor Tips and News About First Airplane of Texas
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Restored first airplane built and flown in Texas, by Austrian immigrant Johann Pliska, who also happened to be the county's first naturalized US citizen. Hanging in the lobby (left wing) of the Midland International Airport.
[Horst Kurz, 12/31/2005]
May 25, 2015
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Korean War Foxhole, San Antonio, Texas
- Buckhorn Hall of Horns, San Antonio, Texas
- Eclectic Menagerie Park - Metal Sculptures, Houston, Texas
- Sitagu Buddhist Temple, Austin, Texas
- Prada Marfa, Valentine, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: National WWII Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Tin Man from Oz, Readfield, Wisconsin
- Cave Restaurant, Richland, Missouri
- The Road to Nowhere, Bryson City, North Carolina
- Fierce Lake Erie Shark, Port Clinton, Ohio