Midland, Texas: First Airplane of Texas
The first airplane built and flown in Texas. Hangs in the lobby of Midland's airport.
- 600 Air Park Road, Midland, TX
- Midland International Airport
- Airport hours. (Call to verify)
- Free (other than airport parking).
First Airplane of Texas
Visitor Tips and News About First Airplane of Texas
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Restored first airplane built and flown in Texas, by Austrian immigrant Johann Pliska, who also happened to be the county's first naturalized US citizen. Hanging in the lobby (left wing) of the Midland International Airport.
[Horst Kurz, 12/31/2005]
February 5, 2016
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- 20-Foot-Tall Wooden Nickel, Carl's Corner, Texas
- Petrified Wood Gas Station, Cafe, Motel, Decatur, Texas
- 30-Foot-Tall Eyeball, Dallas, Texas
- Vintage Flying Museum, Fort Worth, Texas
- Piggyback Space Shuttle, Houston, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Memorial to Doomed Space Shuttle Astronaut, Beaufort, North Carolina
- Seated Native American Statue, Roosevelt, Utah
- James Dean Birth Site Memorial, Marion, Indiana
- Biosphere 2, Oracle, Arizona
- Tucson Toro - Magic Carpet Bull, Tucson, Arizona