Midland, Texas: First Airplane of Texas
The first airplane built and flown in Texas. Hangs in the lobby of Midland's airport.
- 600 Air Park Road, Midland, TX
- Midland International Airport
- Airport hours. (Call to verify)
- Free (other than airport parking).
First Airplane of Texas
Visitor Tips and News About First Airplane of Texas
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Restored first airplane built and flown in Texas, by Austrian immigrant Johann Pliska, who also happened to be the county's first naturalized US citizen. Hanging in the lobby (left wing) of the Midland International Airport.
[Horst Kurz, 12/31/2005]
June 30, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Longhorn and Early Oil Mural, Odessa, Texas
- Buffalo Bayou Park Cistern, Houston, Texas
- Giant Eyeball, Dallas, Texas
- Dan Blocker Head, O'Donnell, Texas
- Tipi Rest Stop, Redford, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Jennifer the Shark, Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Shoe Tree, Beatty, Nevada
- Bigfoot Trap, Applegate, Oregon
- Apple Dumpling UFO Docking and Teleportation Center, Cane Beds, Arizona
- Giant Spectacles, Xenia, Ohio