Midland, Texas: First Airplane of Texas
The first airplane built and flown in Texas. Hangs in the lobby of Midland's airport.
- 600 Air Park Road, Midland, TX
- Midland International Airport
- Airport hours. (Call to verify)
- Free (other than airport parking).
First Airplane of Texas
Visitor Tips and News About First Airplane of Texas
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Restored first airplane built and flown in Texas, by Austrian immigrant Johann Pliska, who also happened to be the county's first naturalized US citizen. Hanging in the lobby (left wing) of the Midland International Airport.
[Horst Kurz, 12/31/2005]
August 29, 2015
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Roadrunner, Lufkin, Texas
- Space Alien Pilot Buried Here, Aurora, Texas
- Watermelon Thump and Water Tower, Luling, Texas
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre Slaughterhouse, Taylor, Texas
- Gas Station from Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003), Manor, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: John Deere Tractor and Engine Museum, Waterloo, Iowa
- Lonely Putt-Putt Giraffe, Ontario, Ohio
- Roy's Cafe Motel - Famous Sign, Amboy, California
- VHAS's Statue of Liberty, Vineland, New Jersey
- Big Honza's Museum of Unnatural History, Montgomery, Minnesota