Midland, Texas: First Airplane of Texas
The first airplane built and flown in Texas. Hangs in the lobby of Midland's airport.
- 600 Air Park Road, Midland, TX
- Midland International Airport
- Airport hours. (Call to verify)
- Free (other than airport parking).
First Airplane of Texas
Visitor Tips and News About First Airplane of Texas
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Restored first airplane built and flown in Texas, by Austrian immigrant Johann Pliska, who also happened to be the county's first naturalized US citizen. Hanging in the lobby (left wing) of the Midland International Airport.
[Horst Kurz, 12/31/2005]
October 27, 2016
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Waylon Jennings Museum and Drive-Thru Liquor Store, Littlefield, Texas
- The Egyptian, an Italian Restaurant, Dallas, Texas
- Restored 1940s Gas Station, Jarrell, Texas
- Moses Livestock Bridge, Dime Box, Texas
- 20-Foot-Tall Wooden Nickel, Carl's Corner, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Sharlie, Twilight Dragon of Payette Lake, McCall, Idaho
- Mac-A-Cheek Castle, West Liberty, Ohio
- Giant Coke Bottle, Bruceville, Indiana
- Giant Bottle of Vess, St. Louis, Missouri
- Feature: The Garden of Eden, Lucas, Kansas