Landers, California: Giant Rock
Free-standing boulder with carved-out home of the late George Van Tassel, creator of the Integratron and liaison to folks on the planet Venus. Large part of boulder broke off in 2000.
- Giant Rock Rd, Landers, CA
- 5.2 miles northwest of the the Integraton on unmarked and unpaved roads. Along unmarked Giant Rock Road (the mountain will be on your left). The rock is right along the road on the left.
Visitor Tips and News About Giant Rock
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
About 3 miles northwest of the Integraton in Landers, the largest free-standing boulder in the world was held sacred by local Native Americans. At seven stories tall and over 5,800 square feet, it is impressive. In February of 2000, the Giant Rock split into two pieces (as two passing hikers watched!). Keep a watch for the broken beer bottles and the ATVs that are everywhere.
[Philip Deslippe, 01/26/2006]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
June 20, 2013
California Latest Tips and Stories
- "The Birds" Movie Restaurant and Locales, Bodega Bay, California
- Jelly Belly Factory Tour, Fairfield, California
- The Indian Warrior, Bakersfield, California
- WCTU Fountain, Ontario, California
- San Francisco Fire Department Museum, San Francisco, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Kodiak the Bear, Government Camp, Oregon
- Polk-a-Dot Drive In, Braidwood, Illinois
- Braidwood Zoo Animal Sculptures, Braidwood, Illinois
- Red Oak II - Must see!, Carthage, Missouri
- Wild Stallion Sculptures, Vantage, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips