Highlandville, Missouri: World's Smallest Cathedral (Closed)Not tiny by Tiny Church standards, but still pretty small. Has its own pipe organ and services on Sundays.
- US Hwy 65 to the Highlandville/Hwy EE exit. Drive west for about thee miles. Turn right at the easy-to-miss "World's Smallest Cathedral" sign onto Kentling Rd and drive about 300 yards. The Cathedral will be on the right, back in the trees, tucked between suburban houses.
- Closed in 2010.
Visitor Tips and News About World's Smallest Cathedral (Closed)
World's smallest cathedral (not just a tiny church). Has a genuine pipe organ and church services. Was featured in Ozarks Mountaineer magazine.
Go north on Highway 65 When you reach the Highlandville/Hwy EE exist turn left and follow the route[Anne Reece, 01/24/2006]
Bishop Karl Pruter died in 2007 and the Cathedral finally closed for good in 2010. The surrounding property is being developed into "Cathedral Estates."
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Lambert's - Home of Throwed Rolls, Ozark, MO - 10 mi.
- World's Largest Fork, Springfield, MO - 15 mi.
- Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World Fish and Wildlife Museum, Springfield, MO - 17 mi.
- Stand Where a Man was Killed by Wild Bill Hickok, Springfield, MO - 19 mi.