Berkeley, California: Miniature Railroad WWII monument
Just because you're riding a tiny train is no reason to forget the brave fighting men of the Berkeley Miniature Railroad Club.
Tilden Regional Park
- Loma Cantadas, Berkeley, CA
- Tilden Regional Park Steam Trains. Grizzly Peak Blvd. to Loma Cantadas.
- Daily 5 am - 10 pm. (Call to verify)
Miniature Railroad WWII monument
Visitor Tips and News About Miniature Railroad WWII monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Tilden Park has a miniature railroad ride. Manned by the obligatory retired funkers in overalls and engineers caps, it offers a pleasant ride. It is popular with both young families and stoner couples. Right before the tunnel, you pass an old stone monument dedicated to those members of the Berkeley Miniature Railroad Club who lost their lives in World War II. Hunched into the tiny little seats, Engineer and parent and pothead all nod, knowing who really paid for our ride.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 30, 2014
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Bubble Gum Alley, San Luis Obispo, California
- The Chandelier Tree, Los Angeles, California
- Donner Party Monument - Cannibals!, Truckee, California
- Big Rooster on Grassy Hillside, Jackson, California
- Preston Castle - Haunted Boys Prison, Ione, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Large Bald Eagle, Park Falls, Wisconsin
- Halfway Between Equator and North Pole, Cadott, Wisconsin
- Wienerlicious Giant Hot Dog, Mackinaw City, Michigan
- Sit with Shark Girl, Buffalo, New York
- Pioneer Pete the Rooster, Lincoln, Nebraska
Latest Visitor Tips