Berkeley, California: Miniature Railroad WWII monument
Just because you're riding a tiny train is no reason to forget the brave fighting men of the Berkeley Miniature Railroad Club.
Tilden Regional Park
- Loma Cantadas, Berkeley, CA
- Tilden Regional Park Steam Trains. Grizzly Peak Blvd. to Loma Cantadas.
- Daily 5 am - 10 pm. (Call to verify)
Miniature Railroad WWII monument
Visitor Tips and News About Miniature Railroad WWII monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Tilden Park has a miniature railroad ride. Manned by the obligatory retired funkers in overalls and engineers caps, it offers a pleasant ride. It is popular with both young families and stoner couples. Right before the tunnel, you pass an old stone monument dedicated to those members of the Berkeley Miniature Railroad Club who lost their lives in World War II. Hunched into the tiny little seats, Engineer and parent and pothead all nod, knowing who really paid for our ride.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 1, 2015
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Graves of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, Apple Valley, California
- Feature: Miracle Mineral Water of Carlsbad, Carlsbad, California
- Beach Flotsam Yard Art, Berkeley, California
- Feature: Bobby Riggs Tennis Museum, Encinitas, California
- Feature: Alien Invasion Themed Electronics Store, Burbank, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cup House, Fort Rice, North Dakota
- Dave Thomas Statue, Wendy's Memorabilia, Dublin, Ohio
- Chief Leatherlips Monument, Dublin, Ohio
- Tombstone Shaped like a Desk, Nebraska City, Nebraska
- Flintstones Bedrock City, Williams, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips