Berkeley, California: Miniature Railroad WWII monumentJust because you're riding a tiny train is no reason to forget the brave fighting men of the Berkeley Miniature Railroad Club.
Tilden Regional Park
- Loma Cantadas, Berkeley, CA
- Tilden Regional Park Steam Trains. Grizzly Peak Blvd. to Loma Cantadas.
- Daily 5 am - 10 pm. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Miniature Railroad WWII monument
Tilden Park has a miniature railroad ride. Manned by the obligatory retired funkers in overalls and engineers caps, it offers a pleasant ride. It is popular with both young families and stoner couples. Right before the tunnel, you pass an old stone monument dedicated to those members of the Berkeley Miniature Railroad Club who lost their lives in World War II. Hunched into the tiny little seats, Engineer and parent and pothead all nod, knowing who really paid for our ride.[Sammy, 11/16/1998]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Firestorm House and Disasters To Come, Oakland, CA - 2 mi.
- Drake's Plate Of Brass: Former Fraud On Display, Berkeley, CA - 2 mi.
- Mazzariello Labyrinth, Orinda, CA - 3 mi.
- In the region: Safest Place To Be During A San Francisco Earthquake, San Francisco, CA - 16 mi.