Berkeley, California: Miniature Railroad WWII monument
Just because you're riding a tiny train is no reason to forget the brave fighting men of the Berkeley Miniature Railroad Club.
Tilden Regional Park
- Loma Cantadas, Berkeley, CA
- Tilden Regional Park Steam Trains. Grizzly Peak Blvd. to Loma Cantadas.
- Daily 5 am - 10 pm. (Call to verify)
Miniature Railroad WWII monument
Visitor Tips and News About Miniature Railroad WWII monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Tilden Park has a miniature railroad ride. Manned by the obligatory retired funkers in overalls and engineers caps, it offers a pleasant ride. It is popular with both young families and stoner couples. Right before the tunnel, you pass an old stone monument dedicated to those members of the Berkeley Miniature Railroad Club who lost their lives in World War II. Hunched into the tiny little seats, Engineer and parent and pothead all nod, knowing who really paid for our ride.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 7, 2014
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Mr. Little, Santa Ana, California
- Feature: Nude Dude - Naked Surfer Statue, Huntington Beach, California
- Mendenhall's Museum of Gas Pumps and Petroliana, Buellton, California
- Shoe Tree, Amboy, California
- Siamese Twin Bronze Giants, Tracy, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Menagerie of Sculptures, New Gretna, New Jersey
- Sci-Fi Donut Store, Bellingham, Washington
- Tardis in South Carolina, York, South Carolina
- Huge Paper Airplane, Mukilteo, Washington
- Chimpanzee and Human Communication Institute, Ellensburg, Washington
Latest Visitor Tips