Berkeley, California: Miniature Railroad WWII monument
Just because you're riding a tiny train is no reason to forget the brave fighting men of the Berkeley Miniature Railroad Club.
Tilden Regional Park
- Loma Cantadas, Berkeley, CA
- Tilden Regional Park Steam Trains. Grizzly Peak Blvd. to Loma Cantadas.
- Daily 5 am - 10 pm. (Call to verify)
Miniature Railroad WWII monument
Visitor Tips and News About Miniature Railroad WWII monument
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Tilden Park has a miniature railroad ride. Manned by the obligatory retired funkers in overalls and engineers caps, it offers a pleasant ride. It is popular with both young families and stoner couples. Right before the tunnel, you pass an old stone monument dedicated to those members of the Berkeley Miniature Railroad Club who lost their lives in World War II. Hunched into the tiny little seats, Engineer and parent and pothead all nod, knowing who really paid for our ride.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 25, 2014
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: San Francisco Dungeon, San Francisco, California
- Bar Covered with Pennies - Penny Bar, McKittrick, California
- Top Gun House, Oceanside, California
- Granite Sculpture of Lake Tahoe, Kings Beach, California
- Westernmost 9/11 Flight 93 Memorial, Union City, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Paul Bunyan and Babe Statue, Brainerd, Minnesota
- Museum of Creativity, Clawson, Utah
- American Fork Stonehenge, American Fork, Utah
- Stairway to Nowhere, Chesterfield, New Hampshire
- Ohio's Smallest Church, Coolville, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips