Ashby, Minnesota: Big Coot (a type of duck) Statue
The duck-like American Coot breeds in the region, but lives in the North American southwest. If live coots were as large as this statue, no one would make fun of their name.
- Hwy 78, Ashby, MN
- On the east side of Hwy 78 next to Little Lake, near the intersection of Iverson St.
Visitor Tips and News About Big Coot (a type of duck) Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Coot (a type of duck) Statue
These birds aren't as flattering/beautiful as most ducks. The birds are common throughout western Minnesota. It looks like this coot is about to take off; however, I don't think it will be going far.
[Shane Delaney, 02/22/2006]
August 3, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Two-Way Oldsmobile, Preston, Minnesota
- Tiny Church, Luverne, Minnesota
- Last Happy Chef, Mankato, Minnesota
- Steven Seagull - Polite Knocker, Duluth, Minnesota
- Big Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: World's Largest Ball of Paint, Alexandria, Indiana
- Big Shoe, New Castle, Indiana
- Rambo First Blood Film Site, Hope, British Columbia
- World's Former Largest Cherry Pie Pan, Charlevoix, Michigan
- The Burning House, Leggett, Texas