Ashby, Minnesota: Big Coot (a type of duck) Statue
The duck-like American Coot breeds in the region, but lives in the North American southwest. If live coots were as large as this statue, no one would make fun of their name.
- Hwy 78, Ashby, MN
- On the east side of Hwy 78 next to Little Lake, near the intersection of Iverson St.
Visitor Tips and News About Big Coot (a type of duck) Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Coot (a type of duck) Statue
These birds aren't as flattering/beautiful as most ducks. The birds are common throughout western Minnesota. It looks like this coot is about to take off; however, I don't think it will be going far.
[Shane Delaney, 02/22/2006]
May 28, 2015
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest "Booming" Prairie Chicken, Rothsay, Minnesota
- Mary Tyler Moore Statue, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Big Bison and Mouse with Cheese, Center City, Minnesota
- Nose Diving Limo, West Union, Minnesota
- Abandoned Insane Asylum, Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Hay Bale Dress Up, Berryville, Virginia
- 36-Foot-Tall Statues Of The Beatles, Houston, Texas
- Giant Chair, Berryville, Virginia
- Renaissance-Lover's Castle, Arrington, Tennessee
- Carmen Miranda Zebra, Austin, Texas