Ashby, Minnesota: Big Coot (a type of duck) Statue
The duck-like American Coot breeds in the region, but lives in the North American southwest. If live coots were as large as this statue, no one would make fun of their name.
- Hwy 78, Ashby, MN
- On the east side of Hwy 78 next to Little Lake, near the intersection of Iverson St.
Visitor Tips and News About Big Coot (a type of duck) Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Coot (a type of duck) Statue
These birds aren't as flattering/beautiful as most ducks. The birds are common throughout western Minnesota. It looks like this coot is about to take off; however, I don't think it will be going far.
[Shane Delaney, 02/22/2006]
May 25, 2016
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Twin City Model Railroad Museum, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Welcome Center Paul Bunyan Statue, Brainerd, Minnesota
- Mean Muskie and Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
- Babe the Blue Ox, Brainerd, Minnesota
- Stick Your Head in the Lion Mouth, Brainerd, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Art Museum, San Antonio, Texas
- World's Largest Geodesic Structure, Novelty, Ohio
- Earthoid: Earth Globe Water Storage Tank, Germantown, Maryland
- The Shoe Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Whirligigs - Wind Sculptures, Buffalo, New York