Benson, Arizona: Kartchner Caverns
Guided tour of "living" cave system, protected by a series of airlock doors to keep in humidity and keep out dust.
Kartchner Caverns State Park
- Highway 90, Benson, AZ
- Kartchner Caverns State Park. Nine miles south of I-10, off State Hwy 90, exit 302. Near Huachuca City.
- Make tour reservations. Same day sometimes available. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Kartchner Caverns
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Both tours are completely wheelchair accessible for a power chair. The paths can be steep to push a chair, but it can be done.
The "living cave" part of Kartchner Caverns is closed during bat mating season. Fancy doors and cleaning precaution are to avoid contamination of the cave. No touching allowed. Nice and cool in summer.
[Ms Powers, 08/26/2010]
A very rare cave system in the southwestern United States - it's WET. Most caves are dry - dead caves - this cave is still growing.
September 3, 2015
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Flintstones Bedrock City, Williams, Arizona
- Rainbow Rock Shop Dinosaurs, Holbrook, Arizona
- Mystery Christmas Tree, Cordes Junction, Arizona
- The Phoenix Arrow, Mesa, Arizona
- Mystery Christmas Tree - Burned Down, Cordes Junction, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Uniroyal Gal in California, Hayward, California
- E.T. Fresh Jerky, Hiko, Nevada
- Uranus Fudge Factory, Uranus, Missouri
- Storybook Island, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Folk Art Park, Atlanta, Georgia