Benson, Arizona: Kartchner Caverns
Guided tour of "living" cave system, protected by a series of airlock doors to keep in humidity and keep out dust.
Kartchner Caverns State Park
- Highway 90, Benson, AZ
- Kartchner Caverns State Park. Nine miles south of I-10, off State Hwy 90, exit 302. Near Huachuca City.
- Make tour reservations. Same day sometimes available. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Visitor Tips and News About Kartchner Caverns
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Both tours are completely wheelchair accessible for a power chair. The paths can be steep to push a chair, but it can be done.
The "living cave" part of Kartchner Caverns is closed during bat mating season. Fancy doors and cleaning precaution are to avoid contamination of the cave. No touching allowed. Nice and cool in summer.
[Ms Powers, 08/26/2010]
A very rare cave system in the southwestern United States - it's WET. Most caves are dry - dead caves - this cave is still growing.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 27, 2014
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Abandoned Bridge, Willow Beach, Arizona
- World's Largest Kokopelli, Camp Verde, Arizona
- Winged Cow, Teepee, Boat, Tucson, Arizona
- Jail Tree, Wickenburg, Arizona
- Arizona Last Stop, White Hills, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
- Feature: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Blue Whale, Catoosa, Oklahoma
- Biloxi Katrina Trees, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Grave of Sam Kinison, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips