Angle Inlet, Minnesota: Northernmost Post Office in the Lower 48 StatesYou have to drive through Canada for many miles -- pardon us, kilometers -- to get to it.
- Inlet Drive NW, Angle Inlet, MN
- Drive into Canada and onto Canada Hwy 12. Turn north toward Sprague (Hwy 308) and then head northeast for 68 kilometers, onto Hwy 525, back into Minnesota (across an unmanned border crossing), to Angle Inlet.
Visitor Tips and News About Northernmost Post Office in the Lower 48 States
Make sure to mail a postcard (ours was hand-cancelled), but might want to bring some with you or purchase in lower Minnesota. We found a couple for sale at Jake's, but they were very dated.[AKDB, 07/14/2014]
Angle Inlet has the northernmost post office in the contiguous United States. It is also home to the northernmost school in the contiguous U.S., the one-room Angle School.[Katie Johnson, 03/18/2006]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Northernmost School in the Contiguous (Lower 48) States, Angle Inlet, MN - < 1 mi.
- Husky the Muskie, Kenora, ON, Canada - 39 mi.
- Volkswagen Spider, Kenora, ON, Canada - 41 mi.