Angle Inlet, Minnesota: Northernmost Post Office in the Lower 48 States
You have to drive through Canada for many miles -- pardon us, kilometers -- to get to it.
- Inlet Drive NW, Angle Inlet, MN
- Drive into Canada and onto Canada Hwy 12. Turn north toward Sprague (Hwy 308) and then head northeast for 68 kilometers, onto Hwy 525, back into Minnesota (across an unmanned border crossing), to Angle Inlet.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Northernmost Post Office in the Lower 48 States
Visitor Tips and News About Northernmost Post Office in the Lower 48 States
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Make sure to mail a postcard (ours was hand-cancelled), but might want to bring some with you or purchase in lower Minnesota. We found a couple for sale at Jake's, but they were very dated. [AKDB, 07/14/2014]
Northernmost Post Office in the Contiguous US
Angle Inlet has the northernmost post office in the contiguous United States. It is also home to the northernmost school in the contiguous U.S., the one-room Angle School.
[Katie Johnson, 03/18/2006]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 27, 2014
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- House of Balls, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Harmon Killebrew Home Run Tribute Chair, Bloomington, Minnesota
- Large Canada Goose, Squaw Lake, Minnesota
- Troll Bar Stools, Lawler, Minnesota
- Paul Bunyan's Marble, Chisholm, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
- Feature: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Blue Whale, Catoosa, Oklahoma
- Biloxi Katrina Trees, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Grave of Sam Kinison, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips