Fort Worth, Texas: Bicycle TreeGeorge Hilton has festooned a tree in his yard with dozens of cast-off bicycles.
- 1209 Circle Park Blvd., Fort Worth, TX
- Northwest of downtown. I-35W exit 53. West on Northside Drive for about two miles, then turn left onto Circle Park Blvd. for one block. The Tree will be on the right, at the corner of Grand Ave.
Visitor Tips and News About Bicycle Tree
Bicycle tree.[Charity Roundtree, 03/12/2010]
Not much going on out at the ol' Bike Tree.
George Hilton's "bicycle tree" in his yard at 609 Grand gets a lot of second and even third glances. For the last five years he told a newspaper reporter he had draped his hackberry tree with bicycles he has picked up at auctions and secondhand stores. Also in the collection are several tricycles and motorcycles. It is especially noticeable in the winter.[Beverly Mahanay Short, 02/03/1999]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Tattoo Ranch: Famous Chainsaw, Live Rattlesnakes, Fort Worth, TX - 1 mi.
- World's Second Oldest Continuously Burning Light Bulb, Fort Worth, TX - 1 mi.
- Beer Can Yard, Fort Worth, TX - 1 mi.
- Vernon Castle Airplane Crash Site Memorial, Benbrook, TX - 10 mi.