Farmersburg, Indiana: Tiny Church - Taylor Prayer Chapel
Like little miracles, wee houses of worship pop up unexpectedly in communities across the land. This one is a compact "prayer chapel."
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Taylor Prayer Chapel
Visitor Tips and News About Tiny Church - Taylor Prayer Chapel
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The Taylor Prayer Chapel was a bit hard to find. It is right near a Dollar General. There is also a little lake next to it that has this thick layer of green algae completely covering the entire thing. It's really strange looking (although I'm guessing the algae probably comes and goes).
Tiny Church - Taylor Prayer Chapel
Tiny church located just off the highway in Farmersburg, Indiana. Place for people to stop and pray or just to rest if needed while driving. Built in memoriam to people killed in a car accident. Not always staffed but is always open to public. They will do weddings if asked -- I know because this is where I was married. Very pretty little chapel.
[Robin Meek, 03/12/2006]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Yellow Boot, Steer, Swamp Monster, Terre Haute, IN - 5 mi.
- Stiffy Green the Bulldog, Terre Haute, IN - 14 mi.
- Stiffy Green's Mausoleum, Terre Haute, IN - 16 mi.
- In the region: Giant Chicken, Spencer, IN - 34 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 25, 2013
Indiana Latest Tips and Stories
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- Geode Grotto, Jasper, Indiana
- Big Boy Statue, Anderson, Indiana
- WWII V-1 German Buzz Bomb, Greencastle, Indiana
- America's Longest Railroad Trestle, Formerly, Solsberry, Indiana
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
- Gnarled Hand Rising from the Earth, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Latest Visitor Tips