Lyndonville, Vermont: Propane Tank Sculptures
Goofy dinosaurs, giant bugs, Satan, and the USS Enterprise, among many others, show the under-appreciated range of the propane tank as art.
- Memorial Dr., Lyndonville, VT
- On Route 5 about 1/2 mile north of I-91 exit 23. On the left in front of Bob's Welding.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Propane Tank Art
Visitor Tips and News About Propane Tank Sculptures
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
RA has an entry for this, except that it sort of glosses over the best part of it, talking mainly about the USS Enterprise and the Galileo Shuttle. If you are not a Star Trek fan, you might just skip it. But if you knew it had all this other propane tank art, you might feel it is worth the visit! These pieces are really awesome. In this visitor's opinion, much more interesting than the Enterprise or Galileo!
Star Trek USS Enterprise and Galileo Shuttle
As you drive down Route 5 in Lyndonville, VT you suddenly find yourself in the Final Frontier. There, flying along above Bob's Welding is the NCC-1701 USS Enterprise. Orbiting below it it the Galileo shuttlecraft. On the ground is a menagerie of other creatures and critters.
[Dan Bisbee, 04/23/2006]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 27, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Vermont Latest Tips and Stories
- Cheese Factory Tour, Cabot, Vermont
- Largest Zipper in America, Barre, Vermont
- Big Metal Man, Ludlow, Vermont
- New England Maple Syrup Museum, Pittsford, Vermont
- Ben & Jerry's First Store Plaque, Burlington, Vermont
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
- Feature: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Blue Whale, Catoosa, Oklahoma
- Biloxi Katrina Trees, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Grave of Sam Kinison, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips