Anderson, South Carolina: James "Radio" Kennedy Statue
A life-size bronze rendering of James Robert "Radio" Kennedy, mute and beloved human mascot of T.L. Hanna High School. A 2003 movie was based on his story.
T.L. Hanna High School
- 2600 N Highway 81, Anderson, SC
- NE of Anderson. Take I-85 exit 27, travel south on E. Greenville St. (SR 81) for 5 miles. T.L. Hanna High School at Hwy 81 and Vandiver Rd., on left. The statue stands next to the football field bleachers.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
James "Radio" Kennedy Statue
Visitor Tips and News About James "Radio" Kennedy Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
No need to visit the statue when you can see the real man in church on Sundays at Generosetee Baptist Church in Starr, SC. Radio is there every Sunday, greeting guests or singing in the church choir -- he is a very nice man! [Jennifer Gilmore, 04/20/2013]
Bronze Statue of Guy Named Radio
As of March 8, 2009 the statue of James Robert "Radio" Kennedy was located at T.L. Hanna High School. Statue is behind a fence and may not be accessible if gate is locked. [Salty, 05/04/2010]
Movie Inspired Bronze Statue of Human Named Radio
Since 1963, James Robert "Radio" Kennedy has been omnipresent at T.L. Hanna High School in Anderson, South Carolina.... [05/12/2006] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 30, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
South Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- T.A.R.D.I.S., York, South Carolina
- Washington Statue Left Damaged To Show Yankee Evil, Columbia, South Carolina
- South of the Border, Dillon, South Carolina
- Pink and Grey Elephants, Hardeeville, South Carolina
- Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum, Greenville, South Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Warrior King Jesus on a White Stallion, Owatonna, Minnesota
- Longest Historic Covered Bridge in the USA, Medora, Indiana
- Sit with Giant Lincoln, Boise, Idaho
- Old Idaho Penitentiary, Boise, Idaho
- Tiny Church, Kahaluu-Keauhou, Big Island, Hawaii
Latest Visitor Tips