Oklaunion, Texas: Convertible MannequinsBikini clad mannequins sit in a 1972 green Cadillac convertible around holidays. A time to ponder meaningful things.
- US Hwy 287, Oklaunion, TX
- A few miles east of Oklaunion, Texas on the north side of U.S. highway 287. Not always visible -- seems to favor holiday weekends.
- Holiday weekends.
- Free - visible from road.
Visitor Tips and News About Convertible Mannequins
The Panhandle Patooties are still there as of October 8, 2013, with matching outfits and a missing hand.[Dane Tessler, 10/11/2013]
I have driven this highway for many years and have seen this sight, however when driving along 287 on July 28, 2012 Convertible Mannequins were not on display.[Melissa, 07/28/2012]
Life in the fast lane! These lovely ladies were on display in April when we drove through Texas. What a funny sight in the middle of nowhere.[Alisa C., 08/17/2011]
Convertible Mannequins. Bikini clad mannequins in a 1972 green Cadillac convertible. This attraction isn't in Vernon per se. It's actually a few miles east of Oklaunion, Texas on the north side of U.S. highway 287. It's typically displayed on holiday weekends (assuming good weather).[K. Olson, 12/10/2010]
A long tradition... we have tips back to 1997.
The girls are sittin' pretty! As we drove towards Vernon, Texas, we saw an odd sight on our right: in the chilly afternoon air, two scantily-dressed girls were sunning themselves by sitting on the rear of a Cadillac convertible.
It wasn't until we passed, that we realized that they were mannequins, and that whoever owns the large home with the semi-circular driveway has a great sense of humor![Kris B, 11/12/2007]
A long-lived gag, ten years after the first sighting...
Nearby Offbeat Places
- World's Smallest Skyscraper, Wichita Falls, TX - 37 mi.
- Big Sneaker, Quanah, TX - 38 mi.
- Giant Quanah Parker Arrow, Quanah, TX - 39 mi.
- In the region: General Tommy Franks Leadership Institute and Museum, Hobart, OK - 63 mi.