Coldfoot, Alaska: Arctic Circle Photo Op
Proof to your pals that you made it this far north. Colorful sign for photo op.
- Dalton Hwy, Coldfoot, AK
- 194 miles north of Fairbanks on the Dalton Hwy. The turnoff to the Circle is on the northbound side, and it's marked by signs.
Visitor Tips and News About Arctic Circle Photo Op
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Arctic Circle Photo Op
Above Fairbanks and below Coldfoot is Alaska's opportunity to drive to the Arctic Circle. The road is a little hazardous, but well worth the drive to visit the Circle marker. It also has a free campsite -- a rarity in Alaska. [Adam Scott Lankford, 06/14/2006]
September 29, 2016
Alaska Latest Tips and Stories
- Huge Chair, Homer, Alaska
- Big Metal Chickens, Chicken, Alaska
- Wal-Mikes: Hand in Jar, Trapper Creek, Alaska
- North America's Most Westerly Highway Point, Anchor Point, Alaska
- Chrome Bear, Anchorage, Alaska
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Two Guns - Route 66 Attractions In Ruins, Two Guns, Arizona
- MLK Heads on a Chrome Orb, Toledo, Ohio
- Concrete Outline of USS South Dakota, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Director John Ford Statue, Portland, Maine
- Palace of Depression, Vineland, New Jersey