Memphis, Tennessee: Statue of Liberation Through Christ
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Statue of Liberty Holding Cross
Visitor Tips and News About Statue of Liberation Through Christ
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A local church called the World Overcomers spent $250,000 to erect a huge replica of the Statue of Liberty -- except she's holding a cross. The symbolism [of "Liberation Through Christ"] is a call for the USA to "Come back to Christ." Here's a photo taken during the construction. It's really quite amazing.
In the same area, there is a giant Buddha statue in someone's front yard. It's probably 20-ft tall. Can't miss it on Mendenhall between Mt. Moriah and Knight Arnold.
[John Peyton, 02/13/2007]
Church Erects 72 ft. Christian Statue of Liberty
On July 4th, a Christian Mega-Church unveiled a 72-ft. tall replica Statue of Liberty, with a couple of Christian modifications, in Memphis, Tennessee.... [07/05/2006] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 18, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Tennessee Latest Tips and Stories
- Rusty Mechanism, Franklin, Tennessee
- Human-Play Polar Bear Statues, Nashville, Tennessee
- Scopes Monkey Trial, Dayton, Tennessee
- Really Huge Burger, Memphis, Tennessee
- Loretta Lynn's Kitchen, Hurricane Mills, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bible Mini-Golf, Lexington, Kentucky
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
Latest Visitor Tips