Memphis, Tennessee: Statue of Liberation Through Christ
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Statue of Liberty Holding Cross
Visitor Tips and News About Statue of Liberation Through Christ
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
A local church called the World Overcomers spent $250,000 to erect a huge replica of the Statue of Liberty -- except she's holding a cross. The symbolism [of "Liberation Through Christ"] is a call for the USA to "Come back to Christ." Here's a photo taken during the construction. It's really quite amazing.
In the same area, there is a giant Buddha statue in someone's front yard. It's probably 20-ft tall. Can't miss it on Mendenhall between Mt. Moriah and Knight Arnold.
[John Peyton, 02/13/2007]
Church Erects 72 ft. Christian Statue of Liberty
On July 4th, a Christian Mega-Church unveiled a 72-ft. tall replica Statue of Liberty, with a couple of Christian modifications, in Memphis, Tennessee.... [07/05/2006] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 29, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Tennessee Latest Tips and Stories
- Pink Elephant with Martini Glass, Cross Plains, Tennessee
- Cumberland Caverns, with a Chandelier, McMinnville, Tennessee
- Dragon Dreams Museum, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Tina Turner Museum, Brownsville, Tennessee
- Traffic Safety Cone Building, Whites Creek, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Vicksburg National Military Park, Vicksburg, Mississippi
- Big Chicken Statue, Byron Center, Michigan
- Historic Oakville Jail and Guesthouse, Oakville, Texas
- Dancing Blues Brothers, Joliet, Illinois
- Tom's Cypress, Waldo, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips